Claussen's Historic Redevelopment Opportunity in Five Points
2001 Greene Street, Columbia, SC 29205
- 26,893 Square Feet
- Commercial-Specialty Office Retail Hotel
- For Sale
Listed on the National Historic Register, Claussen's Bakery has been an iconic Columbia landmark since it first opened its doors in 1928. Previously occupied by the Inn at Claussen's, the property is a prime opportunity for a boutique hotel or office or redevelopment, with plenty of historical touches to incorporate into an upfit or renovation. This is a unique opportunity to join the popular Five Points shopping and commercial district with a truly notable address.
The Claussen’s Bakery building is located in Columbia’s popular Five Points, a diverse shopping and commercial district that has been a central feature in Columbian life for over 100 years. Filled with 150 unique retailers, restaurants and businesses, the area hosts multiple major events throughout the year, including the St. Patrick’s Day festival. The area is a prominent feature of Columbia’s downtown, within walking distance of the University of South Carolina (especially the newly built School of Law), the State House, the Central Business District and more. Five Points is surrounded by college students, young professionals and neighborhoods of historic houses, making it the vibrant center of an eclectic city.
Download the marketing package for more information.
Property Status: Vacant
Building Size: 26893 Square Feet
Area Available: 26,893 Square Feet
- Available: ±26,893 SF
- ±6,000 SF retail space
- 29 room boutique hotel
- Listed on the National Historic Register. Historical details including some of the original hardwood floors and brick exteriors
- Ample parking available. ~101 spaces
- Prime opportunity for boutique hotel, offices or retail.
- Currently houses two restaurants, Mr. Friendly's New Southern Cafe and Cellar on Greene, a wine shop and restaurant
- Located in Columbia's popular Five Points, an eclectic local mix of retailers, businesses and restaurants