At Colliers, we place great emphasis on creating a rewarding work environment that encourages creativity, engagement, team spirit and ethics.
We believe in investing in our people as our most valued assets. Our main focus is building a strong team within Colliers International MENA and we look forward to new talents joining our family.
At Colliers, we push each other to be better than we thought we could be. We go the extra mile for our clients and partners, creating memorable experiences that enhance and grow our relationships.
1. What is it like to work with Colliers International?
2. Are there challenges in working with Colliers?
3. I am a recent graduate. Why is Colliers the right place for my career?
4. How does Colliers treat my personal data?
Colliers International (Colliers) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. Colliers is a personal data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. The purpose of this privacy notice is to make you aware of how and why we will collect and use your personal data during the recruitment process and how long it will be retained for. It applies to all job applicants, whether they apply for a role directly or indirectly. This privacy notice provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to those purposes.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Maintained only for as long as necessary for the required purposes, i.e. in relation to the recruitment exercise.
- Used in a way that ensures appropriate security of the data.
THE KIND OF DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In connection with your application, we may collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you during the recruitment process. This may include (as applicable):
- Your contact details, including your name, address, telephone number and personal e-mail address, date of birth, gender, nationality, social media accounts, profession, professional memberships, transcripts, languages, computer skills, identification number, national service completion and any other data provided to us.
- Copies of qualification certificates, educational achievements and/or diplomas.
- Details of your skills, qualifications, experience and employment history.
- Other background check documentation.
- Any personal data provided to us about you by referees.
- Any other personal data included in a CV, any application form, cover letter or interview notes.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We collect personal data about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: full name, periods of previous employment, performance during previous employment.
- From publicly accessible sources, such as Linkedin, etc., where we collect your full name, email, work history, and other data included on your profile.
HOW WE WILL USE DATA ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint a suitable candidate to that role. We also need to process your personal data to decide whether to enter into a contract with you. Having received your CV and covering letter and the results from any tests you took, we will then process that data to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is suitable to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the data you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we may then take up references and/or any other checks before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide certain personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we may not be able to process your application further. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
We will not share your personal data with third parties during the recruitment process. We will be sharing your personal data once we have issued you with an offer of employment for the specified purposes to comply with our legal obligations and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost or destroyed, altered, disclosed or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know in order for them to perform their duties. They will only process your personal data on our specific instructions. Details of these measures may be obtained from our website privacy notice.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and used. If your application is unsuccessful, we will generally retain your personal data for a period of one year after the end of the relevant recruitment exercise in order to show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. We further retain such personal data in case a similar role becomes vacant for which you may be a good candidate. If your application is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be retained for the duration of your employment and in accordance with the privacy notice for employees.
ADDRESS DATA PROTECTION QUERIES
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact email@example.com.