Retail Market Overview H1 2018
- The high investment interest in shopping centres seen in 2017 continued through the first half of 2018 with the acquisition of Mall of Sofia by GTC.
- The market of modern shopping centres in the capital reached maturity, particularly evident from:
- Total stock remaining unchanged compared to the second half of 2017 – 400,660 sqm;
- Demand, still focused on established projects (average occupancy levels over 95%), significantly exceeding supply;
- Retail space absorption at 9,450 sqm: a 48% decrease compared to the second half of 2017;
- 14% of the absorbed retail space resulted from the internal relocation of already existing shopping centre tenants;
- this solidified the 2017 trend of active tenant mix optimization aimed at increasing footfall.