Jess is based in Colliers’ Edinburgh office and provides planning advice relating to the use and development of land and buildings across the UK.
She began her career with Colliers in September 2015 after graduating from Heriot-Watt University with an MSc in Urban and Regional Planning, following an undergraduate degree in BA (Hons) Human Geography from the University of Hull.
Jess qualified as a chartered Town Planner in December 2017 and is an active committee member for the RTPI Scottish Young Planners Network (SYPN).
Her main focus is the promotion of residential and commercial development opportunities and the coordination of planning applications for all types of statutory consents.
- (Ongoing) Secured Planning Permission in Principle for 'Wavegarden' inland surfing destination on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Currently pursuing detailed planning permission.
- (Ongoing) Provided planning advice and secured various consents in relation to the development of a new town, known as Shawfair, located south-east of Edinburgh with a £1.2bn Gross Development Value (GDV), a projected net economic output of around £32.2 million per annum during development (15 year duration) and £99.9 million per annum thereafter, when fully developed out.
The development will create a new residential, town centre and commercial centre with around 4,000 new homes, two primary schools, a secondary school and 1,000,000sq ft (93,000 m2) of commercial and retail space within a fit for purpose, 21st Century Town Centre.
- Secured Conservation Area Consent by Planning Appeal for the demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area, to enable redevelopment of the site for a residential mixed use scheme in Edinburgh by a local developer.
This case faced substantial local objection and social media campaign.
Heriot-Watt University 2015 MSc Urban and Regional Planning
The University of Hull 2011 BA (Hons) Human Geography
Memberships & Involvements
Committee member of the Scottish Young Planners Network
Head of Planning
Anthony has provided planning consultancy advice for clients since 1994 and has obtained significant planning experience which has involved a wide variety of projects throughout the United Kingdom. Planning advice which has achieved clients objectives has been provided to private landowners, institutional investors, commercial developers, house builders, local authorities and government bodies for mixed use proposals and/or separate retail, industrial, business, leisure and residential uses. Anthony has a high success rate in securing a beneficial planning outcome for clients.
Andrew is an experienced planning consultant active on a number of instructions throughout the UK across a broad spectrum of commercial, retail, leisure and residential projects. His current clients include Tartan Leisure, Mactaggart & Mickel, Aspen Healthcare, Aberdeen Standard, Ramboll UK and Scottish Enterprise amongst many others.
Andrew is an experienced and confident professional who specialises in retail, leisure and residential development projects across England, Scotland and Wales.
He has been involved in planning inquiries, appeals and Local Plan Inquiries.
With 6 years’ experience in planning, development and regeneration in Scotland, England and the USA, Holly brings a wide range of planning knowledge and experience to the team. Holly works across the UK and is currently involved in a number of major and local development proposals. She is an active member of the Scottish Young Planners’ Network and RTPI East Scotland chapter.
- Planning and Development Consultancy;
- Planning Applications;
- Master Planning;
- Local Development Plans;
- Business Land Reviews;
- Local Place Plans;
- Community and stakeholder engagement;
- Education, hotel and leisure experience; and
- Planning project management and assembly of multidisciplinary project teams.