Joining Colliers in 2003 Julia has 28 years experience working across all commercial real estate sectors in both London and the regions. Acting for both UK and overseas propert investors specialising in the management of multi-let assets.
- 1992 - 1993 British Waterways, Trainee Surveyor (Birmingham)
- 1994 - 1996 SEGRO, Graduate Surveyor (Slough)
- 1996 - 2000 Dron & Wright, Senior Surveyor (London)
- 2000 - 2003 NAI Gooch Webster, Senior Surveyor - Associate Director (London)
- 2003 to date Colliers International Director (Manchester)
- Head of Investment Property Management, Manchester operating a team of 6 professionals together with site based operational and customer experience teams.
- Specialist in Multi-let Scheme Management – Managing both high value central London and regional multi-let assets. Experience acting on commercial developments in shopping centre, office and industrial sectors during reconfiguration and development phases. Working in collaboration with our client's Design Teams and external stakeholders to ensure their asset operate smoothly and effecively, delivering a great customer experience for existing and future occupiers.
- Set up and management of Management Companies.
- Mobilisation of Major Portfolio Instruction – leading role in the successful mobilisation of a 200 unit mixed multi and single let portfolio on behalf of Aviva Investors.
Nottingham Trent University (1990-1994) BSc Hons degree in Urban Estate Surveying
Memberships & Involvements
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Colliers Customer Experience Focus Group
- Colliers Customer Experience Marketing Group
- Colliers Mentoring Scheme
- Aviva Investors
- Longmead Capital
- Tritax SymmetryJonath
- WP Carey ＆ Co
- West Bromwich Commercial Ltd
- Staffordshire CC Pension Fund (Colliers Global Investors)
- Smiths Industries Pension Fund (Colliers Global Investors)
- Derbyshire County Council (Colliers Global Investors)
- Miller Developments
- Bolton Council
I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for the work that the whole Colliers team has recently put in to facilitate the sale of the Aqua Portfolio. A special mension to Julia and Andy for answering the myriad questions which were thrown at them over the past couple of weeks."
I started in residential management and valuation in London for the Eyre Estate, qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in May 2000 and transitioned to commercial property practice and property management in 2001. Since 2001 I have managed a variety of commercial property for major clients such as Magnet, Aviva, GE, Henderson, Tesco & Spenhill, the Tesco development arm. I was involved in the service charge set-up for the development of the Spenhill Gateshead scheme, including the creation of all strategies to satisfy planning requirements and meetings with all relevant stakeholders to turn the planned project into one that could be managed from the outset.
I currently work in Manchester & Leeds for clients including Threadneedle and WP Carey.
Regional Facilities Manager
Managed various types of properties ranging from small retail centres, shopping centres, listed buildings, major office buildings and business parks, including a site with its own sewerage farm and steam heating system.
Lived and worked in Perth Australia, working in the industry managing the oldest office building in Perth and a new state of the art, environmental sustainable property.
Occupiers I have worked with - KPMG, HMRC, BHP Bilton, GMP, NDA, Pearson Vue and Wates to name a few.
Dealing with the daily management of various property portfolios, including mixed use, retail, office and industrial premises. My role involves client reporting, producing service charge budgets and property inspections. I assist the Facilities Manager in coordinating contractors and assist in the instruction of maintenance works across our portfolios.