B.Sc (Hons), MRICS
I have over eighteen years experience in all aspects of Agency Surveying with a particular specialism within the Industrial and Logistics field. I work with a range of institutional clients, corporate occupiers and developer/property companies providing strategic property advice, acquisition/disposal and development advice.
I have acted on behalf of both occupiers, landlords and developers on several key regional transactions including:
- Acting on behalf of Lidl, acquired 35 acres at iPort Doncaster for a 685,000 sq. ft. Regional Distribution Centre.
- Acting on behalf of Verdion on the iPort Doncaster scheme, the Regions most high profile and successful development, including leasehold occupier transactions to Amazon (2m sq. ft.), Fellowes (142,750 sq. ft.), CEVA (215,900 sq. ft.).
- Occupier acquisition advice to companies including Lidl, Reckitt Benckiser, Dixons Carphone, ASDA, Ocado, Jaguar Land Rover, Siemens, Superdrug, Selco.
- Development advice on behalf of leading developers such as Verdion, Tritax Symmetry, Peel, Network Space, Stoford Developments, Highgrove Plc.
- Acting on behalf of Aberdeen Standard, successfully let 415,000 sq. ft. at First Point, Doncaster to Amazon.
- Acting on behalf of WP Carey, sold a former printworks complex in Leeds comprising 190,000 sq. ft. facility on a 4.88 acre site to Caddick Developments. Retained by the purchaser, the site was subsequently comprehensively reconfigured and refurbished, resulting in a letting of the whole to Leeds City Council.
- Acting on behalf of Network Space, disposed of a 60 acre logistics development site in Worksop to DHL.
- Acting on behalf of Dixons Carphone, acquired 425,000 sq. ft. at Leeds Bradford Airport Distribution Park.
- Acting on behalf of Sainsbury Plc, disposed of the 400,000 sq. ft. former Argos RDC at Wakefield Europort.
- Acting on behalf of DB Symmetry, acquired a 90 acre development site in the North East of England with subsequent pre-let of 1,507,000 sq ft RDC to Amazon on an instutional lease.
- Acting on behalf of Glentrool, pre-sold 50,000 sq. ft. to Cromwell Polythene.
- Acting on behalf of Wilton Developments, let 135,000 sq. ft. at Latitide 135 Wakefield to WH Malcolm and 50,000 sq. ft. at Connex 50 Leeds to FedEx.
Current Position - 2015 onwards - Director - Industrial & Logistics, Colliers International
2007 - 2014 - Head of Office & Director Industrial & Logistics North at Lambert Smith Hampton
2001 - 2007 - Senior Surveyor at King Sturge
Sheffield Hallam University - Urban Land Economics
Leeds Grammar School
“On behalf of one of M&G Real Estate’s client Funds, Rob was instructed as letting agent to market a 100,000 sq ft distribution unit at Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate. During this time he proved a valuable addition to the team, providing strategic advice on the marketing of the property and occupier contacts whilst going above and beyond to ensure a minimal void following the previous tenant serving notice to vacate. In the subsequent deal Rob not only secured a strong covenant but negotiated favourable lease terms.” Anthony McCluskie - Asset Manager - M&G Real Estate
Head of Industrial and Logistics
London - West End
Len has more than 30 years' experience in the commercial property sector. Having started out as a trainee surveyor in 1983 he moved on to set up Jansons in 1990, a niche agency specialising in industrial in North and West London. In 2004/5 the business was voted Industrial Agency of the Year, this being the first ever non West End national practice to have won this prestigious award. In that same year the business transacted in excess of 3.5 million sq ft which accounted for in excess of 50% of the total transactions for the North and West London market.
Since joining Colliers International, as the Head of the UK Logistics and Industrial Department, the objectives are the same as always, to outperform all competitors whilst providing the highest level of service to all our clients. In 2018, the Colliers International UK Industrial & Logistics team completed over 250 deals totalling over 15 million sq ft.
I joined Colliers International UK in Sept 2016 as a Director and to head up the Manchester, Industrial & Logistics team, which consists of 4 people.
I will be working on various projects for clients such as Asda, Stoford Developments, Wilson Bowden, IDI Gazeley, Seddon Developments, Valad, Peel Holdings, Threadneedle, Whistl and Orbit Developments to name a few.
I have of over 15 years experience in the Industrial Agency market and previously worked in the industrial agency teams of Matthews & Goodman, Knight Frank and Lambert Smith Hampton in their Manchester Offices.
I have over 11 years’ experience in Industrial, Logistics & Manufacturing sectors, providing agency and development advice to a wide range of clients.
Current Position - Associate Director Industrial & Logistics at Colliers International
- Lambert Smith Hampton: 2011 - 2015
- Royal Haskoning DHV: 2007 - 2010
London - West End
John has specialised in the industrial and logistics investment market for over 14 years. He advises a range of clients including UK Funds and Institutions, Property Companies as well as Overseas Investors.
John joined Colliers International in 2013 during which he has advised on over £600m of industrial acquisitions and disposals.
Before joining Colliers International, Callum worked in the Professional Services department at Carter Towler where he spent a year dealing with Commercial Lease Renewals and Rent Reviews, in particularly within the Retail market.
Following his 12 months at Carter Towler, Callum went onto join Colliers International in May 2016 working within both the Retail Development and Retail Agency departments.
Callum provides advice to Sainsbury's with regards to their expansion drive within the foodstores market, specifically in the north of England. The scope includes advice in land acquisitions and development consultancy, whether this is to be at a new store, a replacement store or the extension of their existing space. He has also played a key role in provides leasing and development advice to St Modwen on a number of their existing retail assets.
The leasing aspect of Callum's work has seen him play an active role in the lettings of a number of High Street shops, acting on behalf of funds such as Aviva and Legal & General. He also provides advice on behalf of Subway through 8 retained counties regarding their ongoing acquisition drive.
After graduating in June 2017 with a BSc Hons degree in International Business Finance & Economics I was given the opportunity to begin a career in the property industry having joined as an intern at Colliers in June 2017.
Over the past two years i have transacted on over £20,000,000 worth of deals both leasehold and freehold. I have also given strategic consultancy advice to clients such as Hamilton Heath on their three multi let estates in the North West moving rents from £2.50 per sqft up between £6.50 per sqft and £10.00 per sqft.
I have also worked on behalf of clients such as Sampa Automotive, ABS Brymar, Grafton Group and Hilti on giving advice on relocating and consolidating.
Head of Leeds Office
I head the Leeds office of Colliers International and am responsible for promoting and driving the office forward, with a keen focus on helping to support the Northern Powerhouse Agenda.
I am a Director in the Capital Markets – Investment Business Unit.
I am involved in national investment, dealing with all aspects from the acquisition and disposal of investment properties/portfolios, to providing strategic advice to developer clients at all stages of the development process including complex fundings.
I am able to apply my geographical knowledge of the Yorkshire and North East region in providing investment advice, and have transacted over £500m of commercial property deals in recent years.
James joined Colliers in June 2016 and sits within the National Capital Markets Team and is based in Manchester. He has worked in the Manchester market for 7 years and specialises in the sale and acquisition of city centre offices.
Chris joined Colliers International in 2011 after graduating form Salford University with a Masters in Real Estate & Property Management.
Chris worked within the Commercial Lease Consultancy, and Valuation departments prior to joining the National Investment department in January 2015 where he advises clients on the acquisition and disposal of investment property across a number of sectors.