Director – Head of Neighbourly Matters
Michael Cooper is Head of Neighbourly Matters, a specialist team within the wider discipline of Business Consultancy and Project Management. His nationwide team are experts in party wall legislation and neighbourly dispute resolution.
Acting on behalf of developers, estates and trusts and individuals Michael and his team advise on:
- Party Walls
- Crane and scaffold oversail licence and agreements
- The Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992
- Ransom strips
- Subterranean development bill issues
- Pre-acquisition neighbourly advice
- Zone of Influence surveys
- Daylight, Sunlight and Rights to Light advice
Prior to joining Colliers International, Michael held senior roles in CBRE and Savills, and in total has 25 years in the industry.
Michael has a long and successful career in this area and was chosen to co-write the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) guidance notes for party walls, which much of the profession use to define their role within the legislation.
South Bank University - BSC (Hons) Building Surveying