Head of Industrial and Logistics
London - West End
Len has more than 30 years' experience in the commercial property sector. Having started out as a trainee surveyor in 1983 he moved on to set up Jansons in 1990, a niche agency specialising in industrial in North and West London. In 2004/5 the business was voted Industrial Agency of the Year, this being the first ever non West End national practice to have won this prestigious award. In that same year the business transacted in excess of 3.5 million sq ft which accounted for in excess of 50% of the total transactions for the North and West London market.
Since joining Colliers International, as the Head of the UK Logistics and Industrial Department, the objectives are the same as always, to outperform all competitors whilst providing the highest level of service to all our clients. In 2018, the Colliers International UK Industrial & Logistics team completed over 250 deals totalling over 15 million sq ft.
I joined Colliers International in 2012 for a years placement as part of my degree at Bristol UWE. Since completing my degree I re-joined the Bristol office in 2014, and qualified as a Chartered Surveyor the following year. I am now Head of the Industrial & Logistics team in Bristol, specialising in the disposal and acquisition of industrial premises in the South West and South Wales regions, and specialising in industrial development.
I joined Colliers International UK in Sept 2016 as a Director and to head up the Manchester, Industrial & Logistics team, which consists of 4 people.
I will be working on various projects for clients such as Asda, Stoford Developments, Wilson Bowden, IDI Gazeley, Seddon Developments, Valad, Peel Holdings, Threadneedle, Whistl and Orbit Developments to name a few.
I have of over 15 years experience in the Industrial Agency market and previously worked in the industrial agency teams of Matthews & Goodman, Knight Frank and Lambert Smith Hampton in their Manchester Offices.
I have over nineteen years experience in all aspects of Agency Surveying with a particular specialism within the Industrial and Logistics field. I work with a range of institutional clients, corporate occupiers and developer/property companies providing strategic property advice, acquisition/disposal and development advice.
I have acted on behalf of both occupiers, landlords and developers on several key regional transactions including:
- Acting on behalf of Lidl, acquired 35 acres at iPort Doncaster for a 685,000 sq. ft. Regional Distribution Centre.
- Acting on behalf of Verdion on the iPort Doncaster scheme, the Yorkshire Regions most high profile and successful development, including leasehold occupier transactions to Amazon (2.1m sq. ft.), Fellowes (142,750 sq. ft.), CEVA (215,900 sq. ft.).
- Occupier acquisition advice to companies including Lidl, Reckitt Benckiser, Dixons Carphone, ASDA, Ocado, Jaguar Land Rover, Magan, Siemens, Superdrug, Selco.
- Development advice on behalf of leading developers such as Verdion, Tritax Symmetry, Peel Group, Network Space, Stoford Developments, Citrus Group and Highgrove Plc.
- Acting on behalf of Aberdeen Standard, successfully let 415,000 sq. ft. at First Point, Doncaster to Amazon.
- Acting on behalf of WP Carey, sold a former printworks complex in Leeds comprising 190,000 sq. ft. facility on a 4.88 acre site to Caddick Developments. Retained by the purchaser, the site was subsequently comprehensively reconfigured and refurbished, resulting in a letting of the whole to Leeds City Council.
- Acting on behalf of Network Space, disposed of a 60 acre logistics development site in Worksop to DHL.
- Acting on behalf of Dixons Carphone, acquired 425,000 sq. ft. at Leeds Bradford Airport Distribution Park.
- Acting on behalf of Sainsbury Plc, disposed of the 400,000 sq. ft. former Argos RDC at Wakefield Europort.
- Acting on behalf of Tritax Symmetry, acquired a 90 acre development site in the North East of England with subsequent pre-let of 1,507,000 sq ft RDC to Amazon on an institutional lease.
- Acting on behalf of Glentrool, pre-sold 50,000 sq. ft. to Cromwell Polythene.
- Acting on behalf of Wilton Developments, let 135,000 sq. ft. at Latitide 135 Wakefield to WH Malcolm and 50,000 sq. ft. at Connex 50 Leeds to FedEx.
Current Position - 2015 onwards - Director - Industrial & Logistics, Colliers International
2007 - 2014 - Head of Office & Director Industrial & Logistics North at Lambert Smith Hampton
2001 - 2007 - Senior Surveyor at King Sturge
Patrick has some 21 years' experience throughout the residential and commercial property markets. Originally starting in the property world in 1988 in the Home Counties, Patrick gained experience in residential sales and marketing continuing to work for numerous multi-national companies until 1997 at which time he joined Jansons & Partners, gaining experience in retail, office and industrial commercial property.
Throughout this time Patrick has come to specialise in acquisition and disposal of industrial & logistic premises and sites throughout the Heathrow and West London market. He has gained vast experience in specialist advice on site acquisition, long term development and short term income production.
Patrick acts on behalf of many corporate and individual clients within the Heathrow and West London market, offering advice on day to day marketing requirements to longer term opportunities.