Head of Industrial and Logistics
London - West End
Len has more than 30 years' experience in the commercial property sector. Having started out as a trainee surveyor in 1983 he moved on to set up Jansons in 1990, a niche agency specialising in industrial in North and West London. In 2004/5 the business was voted Industrial Agency of the Year, this being the first ever non West End national practice to have won this prestigious award. In that same year the business transacted in excess of 3.5 million sq ft which accounted for in excess of 50% of the total transactions for the North and West London market.
Since joining Colliers International, as the Head of the UK Logistics and Industrial Department, the objectives are the same as always, to outperform all competitors whilst providing the highest level of service to all our clients. In 2018, the Colliers International UK Industrial & Logistics team completed over 250 deals totalling over 15 million sq ft.
I joined Colliers International in 2012 for a years placement as part of my degree at Bristol UWE. Since completing my degree I re-joined the Bristol office in 2014, and qualified as a Chartered Surveyor the following year. I work in the Industrial & Logistics team in Bristol, specialising in the disposal and acquisition of industrial premises in the South West and South Wales regions, and more recently getting involved in industrial development.
Simon Norton is a director in the Birmingham office within the Industrial & Logistics team. He has 25+ years experience dealing with numerous site and building disposals / acquisitions throughout the wider Midlands area. Simon's clients include; Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls-Royce plc, Bentley Motors Ltd, TRW, Goodrich, Plastic Omnium, Euro Car Parts, Faurecia, Safestore, CBRE Investors Wilson Bowden and Gazeley Developments.
I joined Colliers International UK in Sept 2016 as a Director and to head up the Manchester, Industrial & Logistics team, which consists of 4 people.
I will be working on various projects for clients such as Asda, Stoford Developments, Wilson Bowden, IDI Gazeley, Seddon Developments, Valad, Peel Holdings, Threadneedle, Whistl and Orbit Developments to name a few.
I have of over 15 years experience in the Industrial Agency market and previously worked in the industrial agency teams of Matthews & Goodman, Knight Frank and Lambert Smith Hampton in their Manchester Offices.
I have over eighteen years experience in all aspects of Agency Surveying with a particular specialism within the Industrial and Logistics field. I work with a range of institutional clients, corporate occupiers and developer/property companies providing strategic property advice, acquisition/disposal and development advice.
I have acted on behalf of both occupiers, landlords and developers on several key regional transactions including:
- Acting on behalf of Lidl, acquired 35 acres at iPort Doncaster for a 685,000 sq. ft. Regional Distribution Centre.
- Acting on behalf of Verdion on the iPort Doncaster scheme, the Regions most high profile and successful development, including leasehold occupier transactions to Amazon (2m sq. ft.), Fellowes (142,750 sq. ft.), CEVA (215,900 sq. ft.).
- Occupier acquisition advice to companies including Lidl, Reckitt Benckiser, Dixons Carphone, ASDA, Ocado, Jaguar Land Rover, Siemens, Superdrug, Selco.
- Development advice on behalf of leading developers such as Verdion, Tritax Symmetry, Peel, Network Space, Stoford Developments, Highgrove Plc.
- Acting on behalf of Aberdeen Standard, successfully let 415,000 sq. ft. at First Point, Doncaster to Amazon.
- Acting on behalf of WP Carey, sold a former printworks complex in Leeds comprising 190,000 sq. ft. facility on a 4.88 acre site to Caddick Developments. Retained by the purchaser, the site was subsequently comprehensively reconfigured and refurbished, resulting in a letting of the whole to Leeds City Council.
- Acting on behalf of Network Space, disposed of a 60 acre logistics development site in Worksop to DHL.
- Acting on behalf of Dixons Carphone, acquired 425,000 sq. ft. at Leeds Bradford Airport Distribution Park.
- Acting on behalf of Sainsbury Plc, disposed of the 400,000 sq. ft. former Argos RDC at Wakefield Europort.
- Acting on behalf of DB Symmetry, acquired a 90 acre development site in the North East of England with subsequent pre-let of 1,507,000 sq ft RDC to Amazon on an instutional lease.
- Acting on behalf of Glentrool, pre-sold 50,000 sq. ft. to Cromwell Polythene.
- Acting on behalf of Wilton Developments, let 135,000 sq. ft. at Latitide 135 Wakefield to WH Malcolm and 50,000 sq. ft. at Connex 50 Leeds to FedEx.
Current Position - 2015 onwards - Director - Industrial & Logistics, Colliers International
2007 - 2014 - Head of Office & Director Industrial & Logistics North at Lambert Smith Hampton
2001 - 2007 - Senior Surveyor at King Sturge