As one of the leading hotel & hospitality property experts in the world, Colliers International truly provides global reach and local expertise for your every requirements.
UK Hotel Market & Recovery Index 2020
The UK Hotels Market Index is an innovative market tracking index that analyses nine key performance indicators of 34 cities in the UK and consolidates these into a single ranking.
In light of the current pandemic the UK Hotels Recovery Index is featured and uses a number of key parameters to analyse the impact on the rate at which hotel markets across the UK will recover from the Covid-19 crisis.
Whether you're a hotel investor, developer, operator or financier, our dedicated and highly experienced team provide specialised consultancy services across the entire life cycle of your investment.
Hotel & Resorts Consulting
We work closely with owners, developers, investors and operators to help you optimise project investment, enhance asset value and maximise your return on investment.
Our professional team of Chartered Surveyors provide high quality, detailed and technical advice in relation to individual and portfolio valuations.
Specialists in the sale and purchase of hotels and related hospitality businesses, we have a diverse range of UK hotels for sale and strong knowledge of where the buyers are.
Hospitality Asset Management
With nearly 20 years' experience, we have grown to become one of Europe's leading hotel asset managers currently covering over 70+ hotels in the UK and Europe.
View the individual service tabs for more information.
Our UK Hotels Agency team specialises in the sale and purchase of hotels and related hospitality businesses.
We are the leading provincial UK hotel agency with offices throughout the UK, enabling our dedicated professionals to understand your business better than anyone else. We consistently have around 200 hotels for sale across the UK at any one time.
We have a diverse range of national and international buyers on our database and specialise in marketing your hotel in a way that is tailored to you; whether that be on the open market or on a highly confidential basis.
Our UK Hotel Agency services include:Hotels for Sale:
The sale of corporate and private UK hotels and related hospitality businesses - freehold or leasehold.Hotel Acquisition:
The acquisition of corporate and private UK hotels and related hospitality businesses - freehold or leasehold.
Why choose us?
- Since the beginning of 2016, we have as a division sold in excess of 350 hotels throughout the UK (60 hotels in 2019 with an aggregate value of over £300m).
- Colliers International - Hotels is the UK's largest dedicated company of hotel specialists.
- Within our network of offices, there are teams of specialist agents solely concentrating on the corporate and private hotel sector.
- Our database holds an extensive and diverse range of UK and international buyers.
- We have a proven record of successfully selling hotels and hospitality businesses throughout the UK.
- Our international reach is just one of our key strengths; notable given the recent substantial influx of foreign investment into the UK hotel sector. Indeed, over the past few years around 50% of all the larger UK hotels sold or acquired by us were transacted to overseas based buyers.
- We pride ourselves on the quality of service that we provide to our clients. When surveyed, 96% of our clients would recommend us to others.
We never underestimate the value of your business and focus on understanding and delivering your key requirements.
See our latest listings of hotels for sale or contact us if you're looking to buy/sell a hotel in the UK.
Our Hotel Asset Management team provide owner representation and oversight services to maximise your returns and enhance asset value.
The key to asset management is understanding which strategies and management practices work effectively to increase cash flow and value.
Through pro-active participation in your hotel business, we enhance operating performance and results, manage cash-flow, and optimise capital expenditure in order to increase your property profits and value.
Our hotel asset management techniques are proven in our work with all hotel and hospitality types, from boutique hotels to luxurious serviced apartments and everything in between.
Areas of Expertise
We cover a wide range of hotel management disciplines and will tailor our approach to suit your specific needs. The scope of our asset management services includes but is not limited to the following:
Strategy & Appraisals
| Management Agreement/
Proven ExperienceWith a proven track record of managing hotels from rural 22-key Bed & Breakfasts to luxurious 1,000-key city centre brands, our intimate knowledge and experience is perfectly placed to help you get the most from your asset.
|Years Experience||Properties||European Countries||Keys|
If you would like more information about our services, contact us.
Our Hotels and Resorts Consulting team can help you throughout the development process.
We work with developers, owners, financial institutions and investment funds, across the UK and Internationally, including Europe, CIS, Caribbean and Africa. Services range from advice on individual hotel proposals, to business planning large mixed-use resorts, to working on corporate finance for multi-national portfolios.
We provide services from market research, concept and product development, destination strategy and market & financial feasibililty; through to operator search, development advisory and valuations; and on to due diligence, investor search and raising finance, operations advisory and asset management.
Our consulting services:
As well as consulting and advisory for hotels, we also provide our services in relation to Resort Development and Serviced Apartments. Amongst our specialist projects are Hotels at Sporting Venues. We frequently work on a bespoke basis, tailoring our services to clients’ needs. Numerous clients also retain our services to advise them throughout the development journey. We help turn ideas into reality.
Why choose us?
- We bring knowledge, experience, diligence and enthusiasm to every project we work on.
- We place a strong focus on understanding our clients and delivering bespoke responses.
- We work on your side – we recommend and negotiate what will be the best for you.
- We are close to the money. We understand the methods and motivations of sources of debt and equity funding.
- We provide advice throughout the development process and frequently take on a ‘critical friend’ role for our clients.
- We are specialists in destination development and understand the importance of differentiation and the synergies of mixed-use.
- We are a highly experienced team, including ex-hoteliers.
- We work closely with colleagues around the world and in other sectors such as healthcare, offices, retail and development advisory.
Our team of RICS-registered valuation experts can deliver high quality and independent real estate valuations across all hotel and hospitality asset classes.
With over £6bn of hotel assets valued in 2019, our Hotels Valuation team is strategically located throughout the UK to provide a dedicated and wholly focused, high-quality valuation service for hotels, serviced apartments, hostels and other hospitality businesses.
Why choose us?
- Specialist - we are 100% focused on the valuation of hotels and other hospitality businesses
- Local - our specialist hotel valuers are strategically located throughout the UK to provide a local and national service to clients
- Experienced - we value over 400 UK hotels each year with a combined value of more than £6bn
- Knowledgeable - we work closely with our Hotels Agency, Hospitality Asset Management and Hotel and Resorts Consulting teams to provide best service
- Qualified - our team are all RICS qualified and RICS registered valuers
- Approved - we are on the hotels' valuation panels for all major lenders
- Expert Advisors - we act as exerts in litigation matters and speak at hotel industry and RICS events
- Responsive - we work to tight deadlines and pride ourselves on the quality of our communication with clients
- We exceed expectations - our client feedback is consistently excellent
- Loan Security including CMBS and syndications
- Initial Public Offerings (IPO)/Rights Issues
- Financial Reporting
- Taxation Purposes including inheritance and Capital Gains Tax
Other Professional Services:
- Expert Witness / Litigation / Court Work
- Landlord & Tenant Advice
Latest Hotel Property Listings
Ruthin Castle Hotel & Spa, Wales
The Dixon, London
Colliers was appointed by the lender to value this 193-bed hotel for loan security purposes.
W Hotel, Edinburgh St James
Appointed as pre and post-opening asset managers for the new 244 key W Hotel which is being developed as part of a 1.7m square foot “Urban Resort”.
Head of Hotels & Resorts Consulting
London - West End
I have thirty years experience within the hotel and resorts sector.
This covers all areas from line management within operations, consulting advisory and corporate finance and property strategies.
I have even been an owner of my own hotel which I sold at the beginning of 2007.
I specialise in new hotel development and financing solutions within the hotel sector and in Management Agreements.
Resorts are a particular passion and I have a great deal of experience with these from inception to operations
Head of UK Hotels - Agency
London - West End
I originally trained with a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Manchester and have been working in the licensed, leisure and hotel property market since 1987. I joined Colliers in 2007 to head up our UK Corporate hotel operation. I was appointed Head of UK Hotel Agency during 2011. Since the beginning of 2003 I have sold or acquired over 100 provincial hotels on behalf of clients of asking prices ranging from £1.2m to in excess of £20m. In addition to the managerial responsibilities, I remain focused on handling larger private and corporate hotel transactions throughout the UK.
Head of UK Hotels - Valuation
London - West End
I am a Director in the UK Hotels department based in London and Manchester. As Head of the Hotels Valuation team I regularly present to property professionals and operators on matters affecting the hotel industry and provide valuation and other advice for a variety of purposes.
Head of Hospitality Asset Management
London - West End
Over a career that spans more than 28 years Ben has developed his expertise within the sector working in a variety of management roles in a diverse range of hotel properties and brands both in the UK and overseas.
At the start of his career, post-graduation and after a number of years as a Graduate Trainee for Commonwealth Hotels of Canada, Ben quickly advanced into General Manager roles and subsequently became Regional Director.