Green Building is an amalgamation of modern science, technology, and design. At the same time, Green Building is also a philosophy. Colliers International has the largest in-house team of LEED® credentialed professionals in the region and a growing team of BREEAM International Auditors and BREEAM In-Use Auditors. We have extensive experience certifying Green Building projects across Eastern Europe.
A growing number of studies have confirmed the many benefits of green buildings, including:
- Higher rents (6% more than non green buildings)
- Higher occupancy rates (3.5% greater)
- Higher sales prices (16% more than non-green buildings)
- Healthier and more productive building occupants (saving substantial costs for businesses as employee salaries and benefits are typically a company’s greatest expense)
- Reduced energy costs of 10-20%
- Free PR and marketing
- Positive company / corporate image
- Future proofing building’s investment value: by 2015, 50% of all commercial buildings are projected to be ‘green’.
For each project we evaluate all factors in detail, within a local setting, and accounting for how global best practices can be adapted to suit the local climate, available resources, technical know-how, and existing/developing infrastructure.
I joined Colliers in 1993 as an office broker specializing in tenant representation. After 8 years I was promoted to Managing Director of Colliers International Hungary, a position I held for 9 years.
For the past 4 years I've focused on sustainability as Director of Green Building Certification for Europe and Asia. I've built a team of 10 people in 3 countries. We've certified 20 buildings in 6 countries in Europe and Africa and currrently have over 30 projects totaling 1,000,000 m2 under certification in 9 countries.
Senior Associate of the Green Building Advisory for Colliers International based in Budapest, Hungary.
Norbert started his career with Colliers International Hungary in August 2007 joining the Valuation and Advisory services team.
Involvment in sustainability advisory services as the member of Colliers’ Green Building Certification Team.