Ballyrane House is a beautifully appointed period property on approx 7 acres, which has been lovingly extended and restored to what is now a bright, spacious and comfortable home. Situated in a delightful garden setting, the house is sheltered by fine mature trees and offered together with stable yard and paddocks. The property is located only 10 km from Wexford town and Rosslare Ferry Port and 1 km from the N25 Wexford to Rosslare Road.
In the civil survey of 1654, the townland of Ballyrane was held by the Sinnott family. Over the following centuries Ballyrane was owned by the well-known Wexford, Meadows and Lett families. It is believed that the core of the current house dates back to the mid-1700s. It has been improved and extended considerably since then, with each owner making their mark. It is noted that the Lett family who owned the house in 1837 sold it in 1958 to a Colonel Cormack Callanan Furney. In 1969 he sold the property to a trust which held it for the grandson of a Thomas Gibbons Hawksworth Smyth.
The house was considerably extended in 1972/73 and was bought by a William Devereux in the mid-1980s. In 1990 the property changed hands and a programme of extensive improvements and alterations was commenced. This was continued and completed by the current vendors who acquired the property in 1993 with their young family. Ballyrane House is now a rare example of a beautifully appointed yet manageable country house in a convenient location.
All of the improvements and restoration works which have taken place were designed to give bright and spacious accommodation with a modern layout, yet at the same time retaining all the charm of a period house. Beautiful period features include; - intricately carved architraves, corniced ceilings and sash windows with working shutters, which all add to the appeal of this attractive property. The large entrance hall which doubles up as a conservatory / reading room opens to the stairs hall. On the left is a cosy family sitting room with fireplace and doors to the large kitchen / breakfast room. This is the heart of Ballyrane House and a welcoming and comfortable family space. There is an Aga, central island unit space and ample storage. Access is available to a small garden terrace, ideal for summer
entertaining. The kitchen has a large dining area and doors to the utility room, in turn leading to the dining room. The study / library to the right of the hall has built in floor to ceiling bookshelves with recessed lighting. From here is the exceptional drawing room with feature bay window overlooking
the front gardens and interconnecting doors to the formal dining room with mirroring feature French doors leading to the gardens. There is a guest WC also at this level.
The staircase leads to the first floor with access to the magnificent master bedroom suite incorporating a full en suite bathroom and fitted wardrobes. Nearby there is a comfortable morning room with views over the vegetable garden. This could be used as a (fifth) bedroom/nursery. There are three further large double bedrooms and an office which would also suit as a fifth bedroom. The accommodation is completed by a bright family bathroom and walk-in airing cupboard.
Situated off a quiet country road, Ballyrane House is less than 1 km from Killinick Village and the N25 Wexford to Rosslare Road. The thriving town of Wexford and the ferry port at Rosslare with crossings to the continent is about 10 km from the property. Located in the heart of the “Sunny Southeast”, Ballyrane House is within the environs of an abundance of amenities for the outdoor enthusiast. There are also many excellent golf courses, both parkland and links. With racing at the Wexford Race Course and every type of water activity along the Wexford coast line are all close by and for the hunting enthusiast the area is home to the famous Killinck Harriers and the Wexford Foxhounds.
Dublin 166 km
Dublin Airport 173 km
Cork 194 km
Waterford 68 km
Rosslare Harbour 10 km
Killinick Village 700 m
Built in the early 1990s this stable yard has a separate access over the country road and includes 4 loose boxes, tack room / feed house, garage and three span open fronted storage.
The land totals about seven acres and the glorious sylvan setting is approached via a gravelled avenue along the front lawn, shadowed by a collection of towering beech trees, to the front gravelled forecourt. The beautifully maintained and colourful grounds are a particular feature of the property.
To the rear of the property, the lawns are lined with colourful planting and include box planted beds, a small green house and water feature. The large garden is sheltered by mature woodland and the balance of the 7 acres are in two well fenced stud railed paddocks.
- Beautifully refurbished 5 bed period country home
- Mature and very private setting
- The entire extends to approx. 2.8 ha (7 acres)
- Stable yard with outbuildings and storage
- Situated 1 ½ hour from Dublin city
- Extending to approx. 398 sq. m (4,283 sq. ft.)
- Oil fired central heating throughout
- Oil fired AGA cooker