My extensive experience across the Real Estate and Financial Services Industry gives me an access, earned over years of building trust and relationships, to the leadership who matter and influence decisions in the industry.
I have directly handled complex Investor exits of Investors like JP Morgan, Apollo Global and Blackstone from a Company I was associated with, which gives me the experience and insights of handling complicated and long drawn transactions involving extensive negotiations and knowledge of matters around these.
I consider myself an expert in helping Developers in Fund raising across products like Debt, Structures and Equity and in the same light share excellent relationship with Lenders and Funds, who are happy to rely on me and my team's experience in bringing in appropriate deals to them. I have an excellent track record in asset dispositions and would consider myself as one of the experts in this space cutting across Core, Brownfield and Greenfield developments. Me and my team's experience in handling land dispositions including outright sales, JV's/JDA's and DM structures is also very extensive.
My team and me bring the following to the table :
- The experience in conceiving, structuring and taking the opportunity to the target set that matters
- Access to the decision makers
- The passion to make things happen - the worst thing we can do is take an assignment and not do justice to it. It costs the client money and missed opportunities
- The experience to help in optimising negotiations and achieve the best results possible
- Transparency - we will not sell you the moon when trying to take on your business and we will keep you updated at every step
I Graduated with a 4.0 GPA in my MBA program
I was the top Relationship Manager in ANZ Grindlays Bank in 1995-96 (out of 50 odd RM's)
Was the first nominee from ABN Amro Consumer Bank to the ABN Amro Board initiated “High Potentials Programme” in 2008. This comprised less than 100 employees across the Bank worldwide.
Restructured and rationalized the Broking business of Religare Securities from a branch heavy model to an asset light model, shaving off over 100 Crs of cost and bringing about efficiency
Helped conclude a settlement at BPTP with their Equity investors – JP Morgan, Apollo Global and oversaw the exit of Blackstone
Helped conclude the complex asset sale – BPTP Crest (now RMZ Infinity) at Udyog Vihar, Gurugram, at one of the finest cap rates to RMZ Corp (with QIA and Barings)
Concluded a very finely priced Preleased asset sale in Bengaluru (Embassy Pinehurst) which earned kudos from both the seller - Sanjay Ghodawat group and the Buyer - Xander Funds
I am an MBA from Western Illinois University, USA and completed my B.Com (Hons) from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata. My experience ranges across Financial Services and Real Estate and teh Companies I have worked with include Citibank NA, ANZ Grindlays Bank, Tata AIG Life Insurance, ABN Amro Bank/RBS, Religare and BPTP Ltd prior to joining Colliers International in March 2017
- I am a member of RICS (MRICS)
- I am a very avid walker/runner covering at least 40-50 Kms each week
- I love reading - keep uptodate on World trends through the Economist and Bloomberg as well as Fiction on weekends
- I love travelling
A corporate finance professional with transaction experience in domestic and cross border M&A, private placememt of debt, private equity and IPOs. I have previously worked with firms like Infosys, JP Morgan India, Religare Capital Markets and M3M.