In the real estate market in Monterrey, there is a recent trend in new developments that mostly involves more than one use of the building, which is known as "mixed-used".
Currently, there are a lot of developments of this type, and they have aimed for the "far-fetched", that is, something that previously seemed impossible or difficult to believe before is now a reality, and its most common forms are:
- Sets composed of shopping centers, offices and apartment buildings.
- Offices with commercial areas or areas of convenience.
- Apartment buildings with commercial areas on the ground floor.
- Hotels with commercial areas, or with prestigious restaurants.
Generally, a mixed-use building is created based on "fundamental use", that is, the most viable and most profitable use of the project; it is the one that governs the project itself and generally occupies the largest space in the building and should be the most solid use of the project, economically speaking.
The mixed-use developments offer a large number of benefits, among which are:
- Convenience of living-working in a single space.
- Reduce transportation times.
- Reduction of distances between residence, work, services and other destinations.
- Creation of pedestrian and bicycle environments.
- Promote coexistence without using the car.
- Better use of urban and land resources.
- Urban development ordered.
- Preservation of open spaces.
- Creation and preservation of green areas.
Colliers International's specialists provide owners and users with mixed-use developments of useful perspectives, advice, and transaction and management services to maximize the benefits of a mixed-use property.