In this report we present the numbers for the hotel market in 2019. The figures in the report are based on official figures from SSB and cover the entire hotel market.
The report look at the key figures for the largest cities in Norway with comments on these. Furthermore, the report addresses all the counties in the country by showing the development in key figures, ranked from greatest increase to weakest result. We look at developments through prices achieved and in REVPAR.
In the report we also write about how the Corona virus can affect Chinese tourism to Norway and how this can affect the Norwegian hotel industry, this exciting case can be read on page 10.
Highlights of the report:
- All key figures for the country show a positive development compared to 2018.
- Oslo has experienced significant capacity development in 2019, Clarion Hotel The Hub, Clarion Hotel Oslo and Amerikalinjen Hotell make up 80% of the capacity increase. The number of rooms sold went up by about 10%.
- The hotels in Tromsø did the best in 2019 with a very good increase in both prices achieved and in REVPAR.
- Prices obtained for the hotels are experiencing a difficult period as new low-cost hotels and generally increased competition between the hotels are reducing prices.
- We are looking at hotels who have expanded and will continue to expand in the years to come. Some examples of these are Unique Hotels, Haut Nordic, Miklagard, 1624, Marawell Hotel and Historic Hotels & eateries. Read more about how these develop in the report.