Research and Forecast Report
Enhance your perspective on Retail property markets with our latest Research & Forecast Report, First Half 2019.
Our latest report examines the key trends influencing various retail markets across Australia and New Zealand.
New Zealand Market Highlights
- The reduction in retailer sentiment is not translating into lower activity as retail spending continues to grow.
- A number of major shopping centre developments are underway in Auckland.
- Wellington and Christchurch’s retail sector provide a relatively stable rental environment, but for differing reasons
Australia Market Highlights
- The Australian retail market continues to be supported by strong population growth and a solid employment market.
- Rising consumer spending on the back of falling savings and low unemployment is indicating a positive outlook for wage growth.
- The rise of localism is emerging as an important influence on consumer preferences and purchasing decisions.