2017 is to be a year of unprecedented uncertainty externally as a new US President, Brexit negotiations, and elections in Europe all have the potential to create considerable external turbulences. At the same time, a buildup of confidence in the Romanian economy is set to make 2017 one of the best years in post-crisis history for the real estate market.
Here are our top 10 predictions for the year:
- CEE will weather the storms of 2017 better than other EMs;
- Investment transactions will reach a post-crisis maximum in 2017;
- IT and BPO/SSC sectors will be the main drivers of office space demand, particularly outside of Bucharest;
- Competition on the office market will increase;
- New industrial developments will hit an all-time high;
- 2017 will be a point of inflection for infrastructure;
- Bucharest shopping center market will aim to increase client catchment; other cities will focus mainly on developments of retail parks;
- New brands will enter the retail market;
- Residential areas will move closer to the recently developed business centers;
- Land market will be geared towards the retail and residential segment.