As we transition into Phase 1 of safe re-opening and management measures in Singapore, it is important for buildings to be ready for the new normal.
As Singapore eases up on its coronavirus circuit breaker measures and transition into Phase 1 of the nation's safe re-opening, it is important to facilitate operation normalcy and get ready for the gradual resumption of activities.
For landlords, this means getting their buildings ready for returning tenants; for building occupiers, this means facilitating a new normal of operations among team members.
There are a few key areas to focus on, namely health and safety, daily operations, digitalisation of processes, and maintaining engagement experience via alternative platforms.
Our Real Estate and Management Services (REMS) experts have put together a checklist to ensure both landlords and occupiers cover some of these essentials for a seamless and safe return.
Health and Safety
For management office staff, vendors partners, contractors, visitors and residents:
- Temperature taking
- Contact-tracing capabilities
- Wearing of masks
- Hand washing and sanitisation facilities
- Social distancing
- Personal protection equipment (PPE), if possible
Ensure the availability of sanitisation facilities and implement sanitisation procedures
- Separate / remote work team or shifts
- Reconfiguring workspace (in office buildings)
- Re-planned work schedules for vendor partners, to minimise close contact
- Sanitation procedures and availability of cleaning agents
- Identifying high-touch points / surfaces, e.g. switches, buttons, etc
- Isolation room or space for suspect cases, followed by sanitisation procedures
Digitalisation of Processes
- Electronic banking (e-banking) or other forms of contactless payment methods for transactions
- Electronic communication with building owners and occupiers for updates
- Self-help portal for building owners and occupiers, for submission of applications, payments, etc
- E-payments for vendors
- SMART building technologies to reduce touch points
Maintaining Engagement Experience via Alternative Platforms
- Meetings via teleconferencing
- Allowing remote work for appropriate tasks and functions
Digitalise operational processes such as contactless payments
Click here to download a printable version of the checklist.
Check in with our Colliers' REMS experts today to ensure your building is equipped and ready for the great return after COVID-19.
You may also like:
- 4 ways to return to - and rebuild - your future workplace
- Workplace Wellness: What impact is COVID-19 having in the workplace?
Contact our Colliers Editorial team here.