Hotels across Asia Pacific have had a mixed performance in 2019, with overall room occupancy and average daily rate (ADR) showing decreases to 69.3% and US$97.35 respectively.
This resulted in Revenue Per Available Room (RevPAR) for the region showing a decline of some 5.4% year‐on‐ year. However, we note this figure may have been negatively impacted by forex currency movements together with declines in Australia, New Zealand, China, Malaysia and Vietnam.
2020 Hospitality Trends: What you can expect
- Millennials are driving change - starting with sustainable travel
- Technology driving decision-making
- Rising expectations of a seamless experience with smarter hotels and personalised service
- Hoteliers aiming to drive up direct bookings
- Hoteliers adopting the 'homestay' concept
This quarterly digest also explores current key trends in the hospitality sector, including disruptors in the hotel industry and the growth of the cruising industry in Asia. Download the Q1 2020 Hotel Insights to learn more.