Co-heading the Colliers International London Offices team, David has more than 30 years’ experience in the West End office market, providing leasing, development and investment advice. For 15 years, he ran his own niche practice, specialising in the development process and has a strong track record in acquiring prime West End sites for clients, providing both development consultancy and leasing advice. He was also an equity partner and co-founder of H2SO before it was acquired by Colliers International in 2014.
David has extensive experience in advising a wide range of clients from the private, public and institutional sectors in both a leasing/development consultancy role and also as an occupational advisor. On the development-side, he is currently providing advice to Hermes, Lone Star, BA Pension Fund, Kier Developments, Brockton, Northwood Capital and Northacre, amongst others. Whilst on the occupational side, he is currently acting for EQT, Quintain, Brooks MacDonald, Waypoint Capital, BT and Bupa.
In a Capital that’s constantly changing, David’s breadth and depth of knowledge and experience means that he is perfectly-placed to provide our clients with sound advice on their next real estate move.
Other notable projects that I have worked on include:
- Providing development/ leasing advice on the refurbishment of a 90,000 sq ft office building at 101 New Cavendish Street, W1 for City Offices.
- Providing advice to Capital & Counties plc on the existing and potential office content at Earls Court and Olympia. This culminated in their purchase of a 50% stake in the owning company. Retained subsequently to advise on the office content of a potential 70 acre site.
- Advising Stow Securities and Grosvenor on their development proposals for 29-35 Davies Street, London W1. A 40,000 sq ft office development opportunity.
- Advising The Royal British Legion on their relocation from Haig House, Pall Mall, SW1 to Southwark. This involved disposing their freehold interest on Pall Mall.
- Advising the Freeholder of Arundel Great Court, Strand, WC2, on re-gearing negotiations with the leaseholder, where a 1,000,000 sq ft scheme was proposed.
- Acquisition of a redevelopment site at the corner of Bond Street and Oxford Street for Development Securities Plc.
- Advising on funding terms with a German Fund and then retained on the letting of the office element of 45,000 sq ft.
- Advising Redevco on a 40,000 sq ft office and residential refurbishment at 1-4 Connaught Place, W2.
Development - currently providing advice to:
- Lone Star
- BA Pension Fund
- Kier Developments
- Northwood Capital
Occupational - currently acting for:
- Brooks MacDonald
- Waypoint Capital