Director Operations Asset Services
I started my career in 1973 at a small auditors firm (since merged into KPMG). In 1975 I joined Jones Lang Wootton in the Netherlands to start up Property Management activities in Holland that were untill then non existent.
In 1981 I was invited to join the international scene and to act as European Financial Controller and international Property Management consultant. I was elected Local Partner in 1984 and appointed European Partner in 1991.
In 1991 I returned to The Netherlands to assume responsibility for Property Management in Holland, by that time grown to approx. 50 staff.
From 2000 until my resignation in 2002 I acted as Head of Eurpean Shopping Centre Management.
In 2002 I started at WPM to build upon a small property management portfolio, and to grow this business to a core status, next to the already existing large shopping centre management portfolio and dito status.
During the entire period at WPM (until the merge with Colliers International) I was a member of the Board of Directors.
In February 2016 WPM merged with Colliers International and I am now assuming responsibility for Business Development & Acquisition. One of my primariry tasks is to develop and facilitate innovation and new business initiatives.
- Started Property Management in the early (cowboy) days and build an enthousiastic team, developing the business to a portfolio of approx. 12 million sq.ft.
- Acted as interim company manager in Germany, being responsible or 140 staff (1986)
- Started company (together with a collegue from JLW) in Spain (1988)
- Treasury management for Continental Europe to ensure appropriate funding for all countries, to cope with Capex, setting up dividend structures and international holdings (together with the Finance Director of JLW) (1985 - 1990)
- Building Dutch property management portfolio to 18 million sq.ft. (1991 - 2000)
- Ensured integration of Laese with JLL in Spain (2000)
- Set up property management service lines in Chech Republic, Poland and Portugal (2001)
- Grow property management of offices for WPM from 3 million sq.ft. (2002) to 20 million sq.ft. (2016)
- Company Finance
- Professional Real Estate Broker
Memberships & Involvements
VGM NL NeVap RICS
Dutch Institutional clients e.g. BouwInvest, CBRE Global Investors, Bouwfonds, Railway Pension Fund, Railway Investment Fund, MN Services, Delta Lloyd, Propertize, Actiam.
Private Investors and banks e.g. Caransa, Hilders Group, ING, Rabo Bank,
Foreign investors e.g. Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, Deka, Nordbanken, HIH, Irish Life, Hammersons, Abbey Life
I was the co-fouder of the Dutch branche organization for Property Management and was a member of the supervisory board
I was on the supervisory board of NeVap (Organization for Real Esate Exploitation) for 6 years (statutorally ended)
I represent the Property Managers in Holland on several dossiers towards Owners Branche Organization (IVBN) and Dutch Government on tax matters (the latter often together with representatives of IVBN)