- Since I began my career in real estate in 2001, I have participated in more than 610 sales transactions involving more than 5,000 acres with total sales in excess of $200 million
- I Identify acquisition sites for developers, investors, REITs and users and guide them through the entitlement/rezoning process
- Assist property owners in land/infill redevelopment disposition based on realistic municipal objectives to obtain highest return for client
- Consult with municipalities to determine areas of opportunity in comprehensive plan; local, state and national governmental incentives; entitlement and rezoning process and strategy; and property highest and best use
- Extensive experience in the disposition of bank and FDIC owned assets.
- Hold real estate licenses in Illinois and Wisconsin
Prior to entering commercial real estate, I worked for Xerox Corporation and led the company in sales six out of my last nine years.
- Since 2011, I have sold 220+ FDIC assets and 30+ OREO assets. I pride myself on the ability to create competitive bidding wars on distressed assets and selling properties over appraised value.
- Completed the sale of a 495-acre Archdiocese of Chicago property, which included an 80-acre land swap. The unlisted land resulted in a bidding war and closed in 30 days.
- Sold a 9.45 acre car dealer site on Golf Road to another car dealer and closed in three weeks
- Successfully completed the sale of a functionally obsolete industrial building in Harwood Heights, IL. The value of the property was increased 340% by finding a buyer for a high-density residential development. The sale closed in 75 days with no zoning in place.
- Completed the sale of the Loew’s Movie Theatre site on Harlem Avenue to an out-of-state pension fund. The property was packaged as an investment income property with a future redevelopment opportunity.
- Sold a 153-acre site in Bristol, WI to a speculative developer
- Recognized by Colliers International | Chicago for the Largest Number of Consummated Transactions in 2012
- MBA, Kellogg Graduate School of Managment, Northwestern University
- BA, University of Vermont
Memberships & Involvements
- Archdiocese of Chicago
- McGrath Audi
- Green Acres Country Club
- Byline Bank
- Bank of Hope (formerly BBCN)
- Bank Financial
- First American Bank
Executive Vice President
Chicago - Rosemont
As the director of the Chicago Land Advisory Group for Colliers International, formed in 2001, I manage a department that has had activity involving thousands of acres with a total value in excess of $500 million. Activity has involved residential, industrial, agricultural and commercial land. In recent years, I have been involved in some of the largest land sales in the Chicago market. These transactions include the sale of 850 acres to Kimball Hill Homes for a master-planned residential development in Sugar Grove, Illinois, and the sale of 258 acres to Duke Realty Corp. for a business park development in Aurora, Illinois. I also completed one of the largest land transactions in the Chicagoland market in 2014—600 acres in McHenry County, Barrington Hills, Illinois.
I have more than 38 years of experience in all aspects of vacant land sales and industrial real estate. I have served as the Colliers Manager for the Colliers Chicago office, am a past chairman of the Colliers USA Managers Steering Committee and past member of the Board of Directors of Colliers USA.