National Director | Self Storage Group
With a reputation as a key player in self-storage investment sales, James "Ashley" Compton has sold or listed 13.5 million square feet of self-storage over the course of his 15-year career. These transactions are valued in excess of $1.05 billion and place Ashley among top national producers. Upon joining Colliers International’s Nashville office in 2016, Ashley was named a national director of self-storage investment sales.
While obtaining his undergraduate degree, Ashley launched his career as an acquistions analyst for a self-storage REIT. His brokerage experience began at CBRE, where he quickly developed the firm’s Nashville-area practice into a well-known national brand. In 2014 and 2015, CBRE recognized Ashley as the firm’s highest-grossing national self-storage producer. Ashley has served diverse clients including Bank of America, GE Capital Corporation, Babcock & Brown, Westport Properties, Regions Bank, and U-Haul International.
Before acquiring a master’s of business administration with a concentration in accounting from the University of Mississippi’s School of Business, Ashley earned a bachelor’s in finance and real estate from the University of Memphis.
• 2018 Colliers Everest Club
• 2017& 2018 Top Colliers Self Storage Broker - Americas
• 2017 Colliers Top Producer Award
• 2017 Costar Power Broker
• 2017 NAIOP Top Industrial Sale Finalist
• 2014 & 2015 Top CBRE Self Storage Broker in the Americas
• 2006, 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Top Five CBRE Producer
• 2007 NAIOP Rising Star Award
• 2006 Nashville Business Journal Top 25 Commercial Real Estate Deals (No. 10)