Senior Managing Director
Colliers International in Arizona is a full-service commercial real estate firm, providing integrated services to clients locally and globally for more than 35 years. As senior managing director, Bob Mulhern manages brokerage operations for the Colliers offices in Phoenix and Scottsdale, with more than 100 professionals and staff.
Bob and his team provide a full range of services to owners, investors, occupiers and developers of real estate. Their goal is to deliver superior services to clients and assist with all their commercial real estate requirements, regardless of location.
As a well-respected industry veteran with more than 35 years of experience, Bob has a highly successful track record managing brokerage, development and property management organizations. Prior to joining Colliers in 2009, Bob was president of Reliance Companies for five years. Reliance is a Phoenix-area development firm, specializing in office and industrial development and property management.
Previously, Bob served as vice president of development for four years at Ryan Companies, a nationally recognized developer, design-builder and real estate manager. His experience includes six years at CB Richard Ellis in Phoenix as the senior managing director and designated broker. In addition to brokerage and development experience, Bob has managed more than 10 million square feet of commercial inventory.
- Honored with the 2015 NAIOP Arizona Award of Excellence
- Named one of Phoenix's Most Admired Leaders of 2014
- Chair of the Education Committee of the NAIOP Arizona Chapter
- Past president and past chairman of the Board of the NAIOP Arizona Chapter
- Served 14 years as a board member of the NAIOP Arizona Chapter.
- Received six NAIOP Project of the Year Awards, including the Redevelopment Project of the Year in 2012 for the Veritas Preparatory Campus
Significant developments completed include:
- Tosco Building, Tolleson - 240,000 SF industrial distribution
- Bechtel Building, Glendale - 150,000 SF office building
- Reliance Loop 101 Project, Peoria - 180,000 SF industrial showroom
- Reliance Northsight - 138,000 SF three-story, Class A office
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Arizona State University
Memberships & Involvements
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Great Hearts Arizona, Charter School Management Organization, Board President
- Diocese of Phoenix Finance Council, Board Chairman
- Tepeyac Leadership Initiative, Board Member
- Colliers AZ Cares Foundation Board Member
As the Founding Partner of Colliers International’s Scottsdale office and Senior Executive Vice President for Colliers International in Arizona, I lead the Scottsdale office and serve as its designated broker.
Considered one of the leading commercial real estate experts in the Deer Valley and Loop 101 Employment Base and the Scottsdale Airpark, I specialize in the sale and leasing of office, industrial and flex buildings, land, and aviation properties. I serve as a broker and advisor to developers and users in the purchase, sale, and lot layout of business, office and industrial land subdivisions. I also consult with and negotiate on behalf of owners, users and developers on build-to-suits.
With more than 35 years of industry experience as a sales leader, developer and real estate consultant, I have developed and owned office and industrial buildings, aviation hangars, convenience markets, and lot subdivisions.
I embrace the full-service “Cradle to Grave” approach to commercial real estate:
- Step 1 – Identifying the site and negotiating the purchase on behalf of the client
- Step 2 – Using a team approach to lease up the property on behalf of the investor, developer and user
- Step 3 – Selling the asset at the highest value in the shortest amount of time on behalf of the owner
I began working in the Scottsdale Airpark in 1981, and founded Classic Real Estate Corporation in 1983. In 1998, I sold 50 percent interest in Classic to Colliers International to expand its commercial real estate presence into the Loop 101 Employment Base (Scottsdale Airpark, Desert Ridge, and Deer Valley Airpark).
A native Arizonan, I am married with four children and am actively involved in supporting my community.
Regional Operations Manager
As regional operations manager for Colliers International in Arizona, Bev Jensen is responsible for the day-to-day operating requirements for the local business lines in the Phoenix and Scottsdale offices, overseeing purchasing, budgeting, human resources, marketing and research. She works closely with the local managing directors for brokerage, property management, and valuation and advisory.
- Human resources activities, including recruitment, selection, training, performance management and terminations. Responsible for new hire orientation and the processing of employee paperwork. Serves as a liaison with the HR Department on resolving problems related to payroll, benefits and employee relations.
- Supervision of all office support staff in the areas of accounting, financial management, commission accounting, research, marketing and administration. Evaluates the work product of the team to ensure the delivery of quality service internally and externally.
- In conjunction with Managing Directors, develops annual operating and capital budgets. Conducts revenue/expense analysis and provides corporate management reports. Monitors expenses and implements cost controls.
- Directs the maintenance of listing and transaction files, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations and corporate policies.
- Coordinates local office priorities for Information Management.
- Ensures that the office is operating in an efficient manner including office equipment, facilities management and supply orders.
- Conducts vendor product reviews and formulates expense approval decisions.
Executive Administrative Assistant
As the executive assistant for Colliers International in Arizona, Nancy Zimmerman provides administrative and operational support to the senior managing director, Bob Mulhern, and the regional operations manager, Bev Jensen. Her responsibilities include coordinating meetings; organizing large and complex company activities, arranging cross-functional events and conferences; and managing domestic and international travel plans.
Nancy ensures compliance with administrative policies and procedures throughout the region; prepare expense reports and credit card reconciliations; and updates the offices on corporate policies. She also identifies and implements processes to improve workflow and organization, serving as a primary point of contact to distribute materials and standard operating procedures.
She joined Colliers in 2007.