Senior Vice President
License # CA DRE # 00785734
As an industrial specialist, I can advise my clients on their real estate challenges and provide solutions because I have been there. With 17 years’ experience in the trucking and warehouse distribution industry, I understand the nuts and bolts of your business. Acting as a real estate advisor is much more than understanding the market. Having an appreciation for your business goals, drivers, and challenges, allows me to help you make highly informed decisions. This has led to long-lasting relationships with my clients built on trust and respect. My 30 years of commercial real estate experience have allowed me to see both sides of a deal leading to real estate solutions that make business sense for both landlords and tenants.
Throughout my career, I have dedicated myself to mentoring young brokers - six are now competitors in our market. Since 2013 I have mentored my nephew Spencer in his journey to specialize in the Greater Sacramento industrial market. Mentorship has been one of the most fulfilling aspects of my career. Together, Spencer and I provide a balanced combination of energy and knowledge to find creative solutions for the real estate challenges you face.
- Power Broker Award (2003-2016) CoStar
- Industrial Broker of the Year (1993 and 2001), Sacramento Association of Commercial Real Estate
- Top 10 Producers (1992-2016) Sacramento Association of Commercial Real Estate
- Million Dollar Achievement Award (1996 and 2001)
- Rookie of the Year (1985), Sacramento Association of Commercial Real Estate
- Lease: STS for 117,209 SF
- Lease: Niello Investments for 92,000 SF
- Sale: Teichert for 107,768 SF
- Sale: Ray Matteson for 102,640 SF
Bachelor of Science, University of California at Berkeley
General Contractor's License
Memberships & Involvements
- Former Board Member of the River District (a downtown Redevelopment Association)
- Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE)
- Retired Colonel in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- AAMCO Transmission
- Armour Steel
- Aztec Solar
- Cannon Industrial
- Continental Pacific Lumber
- Fischer Tile & Marble
- Five Star Aggregates
- Graphic Design Center
- Kinner Manufacturing
- La Superior Super Mercado
- MSI Mailing System
- Niello Imports
- Pacific Coast Builders
- Pack Rat
- Precision Insulation, Inc.
- Sky Harbor Associates
- STS Investments
- Teichert & Sons, Inc.
- The Hathorne Gardening Group
- Tower Development
- Tri State Storage Fixtures
- Valet Indoor Storage
- Vision Paint Recycling
- Wood Ply Forrest Products
I grew up in the family trucking business - working on the docks and in the dispatch office. I enjoyed understanding the supply chain and how everything ended up on our table. After being immersed in this world throughout my childhood, I decided to study Regional Development and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) at the University of Arizona. Following my graduation, my uncle, who has +25 years’ experience in commercial real estate, agreed to become my mentor.
Together, Bud Applegate and I help industrial property owners and industrial tenants from Sacramento to Marysville make informed real estate decisions in this dynamic and changing market. Every deal has its own unique challenge. Communication is key to ensuring I understand my client’s business goals, both long and short term. As an advocate for my client, I take on the stress of a relocation or finding a new tenant. My commitment to your goals and thorough analysis of your business needs allow me to position you for success. I afford each client relationship and real estate transaction the same attention, care, and commitment that I would apply if working with my own family and their business.