Executive Managing Director, Business Development
Cynthia is President of National Office Services for Colliers International, the world’s third largest publicly traded (“CIGI” on NASDAQ) real estate services company. She leads the firm’s U.S. national office services platform, advising office tenants on their real estate occupancy strategies and advising real estate investors on their leasing agencies and dispositions.
Cynthia has executed some of the world’s most notable commercial real estate transactions, completing more than 9 million square feet of office leasing transactions including numerous headquarters leases for hedge funds, law firms, large corporate users and 501-C3s. She has completed over $12 billion in office sales and restructurings. Prior to joining Colliers, she served on the Global Leadership Team and the Office of the President at Cushman & Wakefield (C&W). She joined C&W in 2001 with the firm's acquisition of Cushman Realty. Upon graduation from Harvard Business School, she was an investment banker in Lazard’s real estate banking group.
SELECT CAREER TRANSACTIONS
- Arent Fox: 76,000-SF lease
- Citi: $1.8 million world headquarters sale
- TIAA: $2.8 billion national restructurings
- Lazard: 450,000-SF world headquarters
- Canary Wharf: $1.2 billion agency lease (London)
- Deutsche Bank: Sale of 850 Third Ave/Park Avenue
- Advised for $30 billion bid for EOP properties
- Belstaff: Global flagship store (London)
- Union Bank: Headquarters in Charlotte
REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP
Cynthia actively participates on industry boards and councils in a leadership capacity. She is on the President’s Council of the Real Estate Roundtable, and is current Vice Chairperson and member of the Board of Trustees for ULI. She is on the Board of Directors at InPoint Commercial Real Estate Income, a private REIT.
Cynthia is widely recognized for her real estate industry achievements. In 2015 and 2008, Cynthia was named one of Real Estate Forum's "Most Influential Women in Real Estate." In addition, she has been honored as one of the “Top Women in Real Estate” by Sokol Media. She is an active panelist and moderator at key real estate events.
Cynthia has a Master's Degree in Business Administration from Harvard University and a Bachelor's Degree in the History of Science from Skidmore College, where she was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society.
Memberships & Involvements
Ms. Foster is very active in the New York City and Greater New York area. She is on the Board of Trustees and the Finance, Governance and Executive Committees for the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS). She is on the Board of Trustees for The Museum of the City of New York. She has been honored by non-profits for her outstanding involvement by such notable organizations as:
- United Hospital Fund – Trustee of the Year 2016
- Hudson Valley Hospital – Recognition for her contributions at 125th year celebration - 2014
- Campaign for the Westchester Children's Museum – Advisory Board Member Gala Honoree 2007
- The Northside Center for Child Development – 2017 honoree