License # CA-01971921
AREA OF EXPERTISE
• David Katz actively meets face-to-face with owners of 4-50 unit apartment buildings in the Bay Area and has been helping clients grow their portfolios since 2014
• He is an expert in helping clients utilize 1031 exchanges to minimize their tax liability and improve their returns
• In addition to multi-family investments, he also has experience with triple-net deals and leases
• David has five years of multifamily experience and has done over forty transactions representing over $150M in real estate value
• He also founded a property management company three years ago and has been critical in scaling the business to over 300 units
• David owns multiple properties in the greater Bay Area and has overseen countless renovations
• David holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern California (USC)
• He also holds a Minor in Real Estate Development with a focus in Entrepreneurship
• While at USC, he received a Global Fellowship which gave him the opportunity to work and learn in China for a summer
Memberships & Involvements
Loopnet, Costar, California Apartment Association, California Association of Realtors
Senior Vice President
Eric Katz has been in real estate for over ten years and has closed over 60 transactions resulting in more than $210 million in transaction value. He specializes in representing buyers and sellers of multifamily investment properties in the Silicon Valley. Eric is a specialist in 1031 tax deferred exchanges and a skilled negotiator.
As a broker on one of the most active multifamily teams in Santa Clara County, Teddy is focused on the analysis, marketing, acquisition, and disposition of multifamily properties throughout the South Bay and Peninsula.
Focusing solely on multifamily apartments in the South Bay and Silicon Valley, Teddy’s ethics and hard work have set him apart from most brokers. On the sales side, Teddy provides his clients with the most accurate, market-based underwriting and offers achievable opportunities to maximize cashflow, return on investment, and equity growth. On the buy side, Teddy offers the broadest access to the best investment and acquisition opportunities.
Because of Teddy’s commitment to his clients' long-term financial success, apartment owners often seek Teddy out as they evaluate the best timing and strategy when considering disposition or acquisition opportunities. Teddy has built a strong track-record in consistently helping his clients increase cash flow, enhance value appreciation, maximize tax-sheltering, and most importantly, preserve long-term equity growth.
Teddy also specializes in 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges. Through his extensive client relationships and vast broker network, Teddy has successfully completed every one of his clients' 1031 Exchange transactions. Teddy has repeatedly proven his ability to close on multiple trade and exchange opportunities. Teddy also advises on Reverse 1031 Exchange strategies, offering clients the utmost flexibility to ensure their 1031 Exchange needs are met.
Prior to working at Colliers San Jose Office, Teddy was working with the Cerna Group of Marcus & Millichap as well as with Don Sung a top-producing apartment agent at the Colliers Peninsula office. Before commercial real estate, Teddy was working part in his family’s business, Environmental Systems Incorporated, a mechanical contracting company that was established in 1975 with offices in Santa Clara and Sacramento.
Like many of his apartment owner clients, Teddy was exposed to real estate at a young age. Teddy has several family members who own commercial properties in the Bay Area, most of them being apartment buildings. Additionally, Teddy invests in buildings when the opportunity presents itself. He Currently holds equity in both the Gilroy and San Jose Markets. Teddy’s background sets him apart and enables him to provide his clients with more access across several Bay Area Markets.
As a graduate of Los Gatos High School, Teddy was born and raised in the South Bay Area making him intimately familiar with the Bay Area commercial real estate markets. He holds a BS in Finance and additionally took several courses in real estate from San Jose State University. Teddy played football for San Jose State his first 3 years in college, then focused on obtaining his real estate license his junior year and worked part time his senior year at Marcus & Millichap.
Teddy currently lives in Monte Sereno. In his spare time, Teddy enjoys spending time with his family, as well as traveling abroad, attending sporting events, running, and hiking.