Executive Vice President
Fern Barrueta is Executive Vice President in the Washington, DC office of Colliers International. As he has done for over 30 years, he advises and represents corporate and non-profit users of office and educational space.
Before founding Barrueta & Associates, which became one of the largest and most successful commercial real estate firms in the Washington, DC market, and the largest Hispanic owned firm in the nation, he was the Director of the Leasing Department of a large local commercial real estate firm. After selling Barrueta & Associates to a national firm, he assumed the CEO position of the Hispanic College Fund. HCF was a national organization dedicated to advancing the education of Hispanic youth through scholarships and training.
He has re-entered the commercial real estate arena specializing in assisting users of commercial real estate, particularly non-profits and charter schools needing effective business acumen.
Fern currently serves as the Audit Committee chairman of Building Hope, a non-profit that provides charter schools with expertise and funding to acquire, build, finance, renovate or lease facilities. He also serves as chair of The Latino Student Fund and a board member of the Greater Washington Board of Trade.
· Founder-Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors
· Charter member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
· Founder- Barrueta & Associates
· WDCAR Highest Volume in Metro Washington Region in Office Leasing (twice)
· Founder- Washington, DC Economic Partnership
· Founder – Franklin Square Association
· Washington DC Realtor of the Year
· Represented The Washington Post, Verizon, The Investment Company Institute, Edison Electric Institute, the National Association of Realtors, and numerous law firms, non-profits and associations
BS Georgetown University, College of Arts and Sciences
Memberships & Involvements
DC and MD Broker