Executive Vice President
Jeff Black is an Executive Vice President and Partner on the Institutional Debt & Equity team for Colliers | Boston, one of the largest structured finance platforms in New England. His responsibilities include advising investors, developers, and landlords across the full spectrum of commercial real estate debt and equity transactions. In all, he and his team are responsible for capitalizing upwards of $1.5 billion annually of office, industrial/flex, retail and multi-family investment properties in the northeast United States.
Mr. Black's extensive clientele has included some of the region's most recognized real estate owners including AmCap Incorporated, Boston Properties, The Carlyle Group, CrossHarbor Capital Partners, Forest City, Nordblom Company, Post Road Residential, Rockpoint Group, Synergy Investments, and Trammell Crow Residential, among many others. Representative assignments include 100 High Street ($207.8MM Acquisition Financing), Pioneer Apartments ($90MM JV Equity & Construction Financing), The BEAT (Boston Globe) ($75MM Acquisition Financing), and 40 Lansdowne Street at University Park @ MIT ($65MM Leasehold Refinancing).
Mr. Black was the #1 Debt & Equity Producer in the US in 2018 and is a perennial member of the Colliers International Everest Club, which recognizes top producers among the top 10 percent of Colliers brokerage, valuation and Corporate Solutions professionals across the Americas who demonstrate a dedication to service excellence, building longstanding and valued client relationships.
During his 13-year tenure with Colliers | Boston, Mr. Black’s industry successes have been recognized in the form of numerous awards and accolades from leading commercial real estate industry publications and organizations. In 2019, he was recognized as one of Real Estate Forum's Influcencers in Finance. Jeff has also been recognized as one of Real Estate Forum’s “50 Under 40” (2016) and was named a “New Leader” by Banker & Tradesman.
Mr. Black is a 2006 graduate of Providence College, where he received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. He resides in Hingham, Massachusetts, with his wife Lauren and their daughter, Sienna.
- Corsair Apartments | 1050 State Street, New Haven, CT
- Mr. Black was retained exclusively by Post Road Residential to source LP equity and construction financing for the development of this $60MM best-in-class 235-unit ground up apartment project in the heart of New Haven’s East Rock neighborhood. An affiliate of Carlyle Realty Partners was brought in as the joint venture equity partner with PNC Bank tapped for the debt. See http://www.corsairapartments.com/
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | 40 Landsdowne Street, Cambridge, MA
- Mr. Black arranged a $65 million leasehold mortgage to refinance 40 Landsdowne Street within University Park at MIT in Cambridge, MA, on behalf of Forest City Enterprises, Inc. and Health Care REIT, Inc. The 40 Landsdowne Building is an eight story, 215,000-sf biotech building that is 100% leased to Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Co. The 7.5-year loan was provided by HIMCO, an affiliate of The Hartford Life Insurance Company.
- AmCap Denver L.P. Portfolio
- Mr. Black was retained exclusively for a $72M debt placement backed by 8 King Soopers-anchored shopping centers in metropolitan Denver, CO, encompassing nearly 1MSF. Colliers was able to close 8 separate but simultaneous transactions through Principal Real Estate Investors on behalf of a joint venture between AmCap, Inc. and Utah Retirement System.
Providence College, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Georgetown University, The Fund for American Studies, Bryce Harlow Institute on Business & Government Affairs
Memberships & Involvements
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Real Estate Finance Association (REFA)
- National Association of Industrial ＆ Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Strategic Alliance Mortgage (SAM)
- Licensed Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson