Executive Vice President
Jerry specializes in representing corporations in locating and negotiating the sale and lease of industrial buildings in the major Portland submarkets and in industries such as 3rd party logistics (Expeditors, Mergenthaler, Mercer, USA Warehousing), Food & Beverage, Paper & Packaging, Oil & Gas (Tarr Oil/Leathers Fuel/Wilson Oil), Outdoor Gear & Sports Apparel (Keen/Nike/Dr. Martens) and R&D (Microsoft, IDEXX, Coherent) to name a few. A true self-starter, Jerry exceeded the expectations of his peers early in his career by completing three of the eight largest industrial lease transactions in the State of Oregon in 2007 and hasn't slowed since, having become the youngest Industrial broker to earn an SIOR designation in State history and completing the two largest leases in Oregon history in 2017.
Jerry has since earned the honor of "Top Producing Industrial Broker” at Colliers Portland four of the last five years and been awarded the Industrial Broke of the year for Oregon & SW Washington in 2016 & 2018 (runner up in 15' & 17') . Jerry has consummated over 850M in transaction in his short career and a recently received the Colliers International Everest Award for being in the top 10% of U.S. in production.
- 2018 Industrial Broker of the Year (Oregon & SW Washington)
- 2016 Industrial Broker of the year (Oregon & SW Washington).
- 2015 & 2017 Industiral Broker of the year Runner-up (Oregon & SW Washington).
- 2013, 2016-2018 Everest Club, top 10% of all brokers in production across U.S, Canada and Latin America.
- 2008, 2012-2013, 2015-2016 - Top producing industrial broker - Colliers Portland
- 2012 - Youngest industrial broker in Oregon State history to earn SIOR designation.
- 2011-2017 Co-Star Power Broker
- 2007 - Commercial Commercial Association of Realtors (CAR) rookie of the year nominee and recipient of the highest producing industrial broker in the State of Oregon for all brokers having less than three full years of experience.
- 2004 - Simultaneous to senior season in football, completed M.B.A
- 2004 - All Pac-Ten Linebacker for the University of Oregon Ducks for athletics and academics. Served as co-captain both Jr. & Sr. year.
- 2004 - Voted by teammates as “Most Inspirational Athlete” for the University of Oregon football team
- 2002 - Awarded a full athletic football scholarship after “walking on” to the University of Oregon Ducks football team having not been recruited out of high school.
Master of Business Administration, Finance/Management, University of Oregon
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Oregon; Minor in Economics
Colliers International "Knowledge Partner" Designation
Memberships & Involvements
SIOR- OR/SW Washington Vice President 2018
SIOR- OR/SW Washington President 2019
"Truly Thank You very much. You've produced and made a world of difference for me and my company. Can't thank you enough."
-CJ DeMore | Classic Home Furniture
"What I like about you is your determination to alway find a solution. Deal making happens better than way."
-Terry Cook (Cook Development, Sumnark Seed)
"I think you just pulled off the fastest sublease in Bunzl history"
-Reffering SIOR, Mark Sonnenberg of LaSala- Sonnenberg Commercial
"By the way... Good job today, you're too young to be this good"
-Paul Masters | NW Casting Services
Jerry Matson "...was excellent in follow-up, provided us with details when asked, knowledgeable in the area and knew what we wanted."
- Laura Vanevic | Velocitel
Jerry Matson "...did a detailed, thorough job and had a lot of enthusiasm."
- Brice Hafner | CH Realty V/Tualatin, LLC