Managing Director | Florida, REMS
John K. Scott, Managing Director REMS Florida, is a member of Colliers International Executive Leadership team in Florida. As the MD John has direct responsibility and oversite of the Florida Real Estate Management Services (REMS) department, where he directs a portfolio of over 285 retail, office and industrial properties totaling more than 32 million square feet. He leads a team of over 110 professional and support personnel specializing in real estate management services.
· Colliers | Nuveen Governance National Lead (2013- present)
· Colliers International Broker Sustainability Practice Group Chair (2012-present)
· Berkeley FLEXLAB Executive Advisory Board Member (2013-Present)
· Better Building Alliance (BBA) Partnership with DOE, Past Chair of Steering Committee
· Miami Dade Mayor's Resiliency Task Force Member (2010-Present)
· Contributing author to Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) High Performance Building Certification subject matter “Investment in High Performance Building and Assets.”
· Contributing author to the Optimizing Community Infrastructure,1st Edition, Resilience in the Face of Shocks and Stresses, headed by Ryan M. Colker, J.D., CAE Vice President, Innovation Executive Director, Alliance for National and Community Resilience International Code Council, The George Washington University Law School.
John was appointed Chair of Colliers Broker Sustainability Practice Group in 2012. This group focuses on ensuring the Colliers network has knowledge and understanding of sustainability tools and resources available to them. Under his direction and leadership, this group has gained more than 50 Colliers team members across the globe. John also is the National Lead for the Colliers | Nuveen Governance team.
Building Energy Summit and Chair of the Berkeley FLEXLAB Executive Advisory Board (2013-Present). John is a contributing author of multiple chapters of a BOMI educational textbook on high performance building valuation as well to the Optimizing Community Infrastructure,1st Edition, Resilience in the Face of Shocks and Stresses.
John joined Colliers in 2012. He not only oversees the real estate management departments but is also an integral part of the Florida executive leadership team where he works closely with the President of Southeast Brokerage and statewide leaders to strategize and guide the Colliers team. He was integral part in the transition of five acquisitions across the state.
John is a 30+ year real estate asset management veteran. Before joining Colliers, John was the Director of Client Solutions for Florida at Cushman & Wakefield where he oversaw a portfolio of over 10 million square feet of office, retail, and industrial properties.
Prior to his years at C&W, he was President of Property Management at The Hogan Group
John received his Master’s Certification from Tulane University’s A.B. Freeman School of Business. He is a Real Property Administrator (RPA) and is a current member of BOMA.
John is a contributing author on:
- BOMI – High Performance Buildings III
- Optimizing Community Infrastructure,1st Edition, Resilience in the Face of Shocks and Stresses, headed by Ryan M. Colker, J.D., CAE Vice President, Innovation Executive Director, Alliance for National and Community Resilience International Code Council, The George Washington University Law School
Memberships & Involvements
Past Vice Chairman for the Charter School at Summerville and Waterstone
Member of the Beacon Council Board of Directors and active in the Membership Committee
Robert Locke Scholarship Fund
Alter Group, JP Morgan, Argent Ventures, Principal Real Estate Investors, Carnival Corporation, Rabina Properties, Corporate Park of Doral, TA Associates Realty, Franklin Street Properties, UCFF, Hines, USAA Real Estate, ING Clarion, Wells Fargo, Jewish federation, Zell Holdings, Cabot Properties, Bentall Kennedy, Nuveen, Blackstone, Gateway Industrial