CPM, LEED Green Associate
Senior Property Manager
License # 01268460
Kathy joined Colliers International in 2015 after working with Athena Property Management and Pacific Capital Management in property and portfolio management, respectively. Prior to that, she was a Property Manager with Nelson Properties, Inc. for nine years.
Kathy's assignments have included portfolio management of 15 assets totaling more than 800,000 square feet. Five of the 15 assets were occupied entirely by the State of California including State of California Child Support Services reflective of high impact and intensive use as it relates to security issues and tenant relations. This tenancy triggered a requirement for LEED ratings on non-LEED rated buildings. Kathy successfully achieved certifications for two projects. Additionally, Kathy oversaw the full compliance ADA upgrade requirements for interior and exterior of the properties triggered by the Tenant Improvements for the State of California.
- Completed two time-sensitive tenant improvement projects for a 98,000 square-foot site each valued at $2.5M
- Completed a $1.5M improvement for a 127,000-square-foot state tenant
- Achieved LEED Gold and Silver ratings for two government-leased assets after their occupancy triggered new requirements.
- Completed a $9.2 million tenant improvement of 144,236 square feet in July of 2017 that achieved a LEED Silver rating.
- Over a 2-year period at a 4-building campus property with a $2 million budget, oversaw multiple capital projects including ADA exterior upgrade of the path-to-travel that included courtyard walkway slopes and railings; construction of a fitness center and management office; monument signage upgrade; major interior imporvements to the lobby and restrooms; lighting upgrades; finish upgrades; and landscape improvements. This property was succesfully sold in October 2017.
Memberships & Involvements
Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
Juan Pedro works as a Utility Engineer at 2020 Gateway as part of the REMS Sacramento team.
Melissa has been with Colliers for twenty years after practicing public and private industry accounting for over 20 years. She has over 30 years in the real estate industry. Melissa is responsible for all phases of accounting through financial reporting for commercial properties in Sacramento, Los Angeles and San Diego. She has been instrumental in determining the specialized requirements of partnerships and in various tax related issues.