Chief Executive Officer
Lee is the Executive Chairman of Colliers International Florida as well as Founder, Chairman of the Board and CEO of the Arnold Companies consortium of private companies including: Colliers International – Florida Markets, L.A. Financial, and Clearwater Bay Associates. Collectively these companies provide commercial and investment brokerage, property management, valuation, development, and capital market services. In January 2016. Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CIGI) (TSX:CIG), a global leader in commercial real estate services with more than 16,300 professionals operating from 554 offices in 66 countries acquired Colliers Arnold, Lee remains CEO of operations and Executive Chair of Colliers International Florida.
For more than forty years Lee’s real estate experience has been centered around his specialization in large, one-of-a-kind marketing assignments with an emphasis on problem properties. Lee’s development and investment activities have been conducted under various partnerships and corporations. Development projects have ranged from a 2,300 acre Development of Regional Impact (DRI) in New Tampa to five star mobile home parks, office buildings, shopping centers, self-storage facilities, freestanding retail developments, multifamily projects, and industrial /office parks.
Lee actively establishes and manages numerous joint ventures including syndications in real estate, technology, and banking. Lee is a first round investor in a variety of investment sectors.
- Founding Director of American Momentum Bank representing the largest financial institutional capitalization in Florida’s history, exceeding $150 million. www.amomentumbank.com
- Principal and Director of Bayshore Solutions, an award winning interactive web marketing firm. www.bayshoreresolutions.com
- Principal and lead investor of FairWarning, a leader in information security services to the healthcare industry. Today FairWarning products and services are used in over 1,500 hospitals and a total of over 7,500 medical facilities worldwide. Fairwarning for the Salesforce platform was launched in 2015. www.fairwarning.com
- Principal and lBoard member of SITE ZEUS, a company that delivers the most powerful location intelligence technology to the Industry. www.sitezeus.com
- Principal and Advisor for APTO, a cloud based Salesforce driven tool set for the commercial real estate industry. www.apto.com
- Lead Investor for Florida Funders. Florida Funders is an early stage investment company that uses crowd sourcing to fund investments www.floridafunders.com
In 2016, Lee’s early stage investment and advisory role increased with multiple start up companies including: Peerfit, Marxent Labs, Pikmykid, Next Gen Biologics, Tap Shield, and Stage One.
- Author of Commercial Investment Real Estate: Marketing and Brokerage Management and Commercial Investment Real Estate: Policies and Procedures
- Author of original course text for the CCIM Program, CI 100, 104
- CCIM Instructor Emeritus
- Licensed Commercial-Instrument Single and Multi-Engine Pilot/Flight Instructor
Awards and Recognition
- 2016 Governor’s Business Leader Award
- 2012 Herman Goldner Award for Regional Leadership
- 2007 NAIOP Tampa Bay Real Estate Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2004 Tampa Bay Business Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2000 C.W. Bill Young Pinnacle Award
- 1996 Pinnacle Award – Deal of the Year
- Pinnacle Award Winner – Top 5 Commercial Real Estate Producer
- 1990 USF Alumni Society Executive of the Year
- USF President’s Distinguished Citizen Award
- USF Beta Gama Sigma Honoree
- USF President’s Fellow Award
- USF Gifford Award
University of South Florida, BA in Finance, 1974
CCIM - Certified Commercial Investment Member; 10-year instructor for the Institute
CRE - Counselor of Real Estate
Licensed Commercial-Instrument Single and Multi-Engine Pilot, flight instructor ratings with over 6,000 hours