Senior Vice President
Richard Barnett is a senior vice president in Colliers International’s Development & Consulting Services group. He joined the firm in 2011 to lead the group’s Healthcare & Life Sciences practice. Richard has 30 years of experience in all aspects of construction management, with specific knowledge in the areas of design/build, architectural millwork and fabrication, working primarily in the healthcare and life science sectors.
Prior to joining Colliers International, Richard was director of healthcare and life science projects at Richard White Sons, Inc. In his role, he led quality assurance/quality control oversight and maintained constant contact with owners to ensure that all quality expectations of clients were exceeded by the project team.
In the years prior, Richard was founder and president of a construction company that specialized in projects for hospitals, laboratories, ambulatory surgery centers and retail stores. He led his firm to become one of 17 U.S. companies to be certified ISO 9001-2001 and also pursued and achieved ISO 14001-2003 certification.
Directing the process of initiating and becoming an ISO certified company has given Richard a comprehensive understanding of what Total Quality Commitment means, which he applies to each of his projects.
Richard is founder and chairman of the Healthcare Associated Infections Organization (HAIO) which seeks to minimize and/or eradicate the spread of healthcare-associated infections through the use of architecture, design and construction, including their impact on operations and maintenance. More information can be found online at www.haiorg.com.
Memberships & Involvements
- Healthcare Associated Infections Organization - Founder ＆ Chairman
- American Society of Hospital Engineers
- New England Hospital Engineers Society
- Newton Wellesley Hospital’s Board of Overseers
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary’s President’s Advisory Group
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - Past President ＆ Board Member - Past Chairman of the National Finance Committee - Past Chairman ＆ Member of the National Board of Trustees
- Young Presidents’ Organization, Member
- World Presidents’ Organization, Member