Vice President | Nashville
Richard joined Colliers International in 2010 and formerly served as the Principle Broker for Grubb & Ellis|Centennial and was responsible for all brokerage operations. Richard has been involved in all phases of real estate, including brokerage, management and investment sales.
Richard is a CCIM Institute Instructor, teaching courses across the United States, Canada and Russia. He is a Senior Instructor for C1-Intro (Introduction to Commercial Real Estate), C1 101 (Financial Analysis and C1 103 (User Decisions).
Richard has over 40 years of experience assisting corporations with their commercial real estate needs. From 2002 to 2004, he served as Executive Vice President and General Manager for Grubb & Ellis Corporate. From 1975 through 1980, Richard was the Executive Vice President and General Manager of The Tomlin Company. During 1984 to 1985 he also was the General Manager for The Tomlin Company, Nashville’s largest commercial real estate brokerage firm during this time period. Throughout 1980 to 1984, Richard was the Director of Urban Development for The Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency for the city of Nashville. During Fulton’s tenure at MDHA, new development in Nashville increased over 400 percent to a record level of one $1B in 1984. Projects adopted during his tenure included the Convention Center/Renaissance Hotel Complex, Church Street Centre Retail Center, and the Riverfront Park Development.
- Chairman and Principle of Grubb & Ellis|Centennial
- CCIM Institute Instructor of the Year in 2005
- Past President of the Commercial Investment Division for the Greater Nashville Association of Realtors
- Past President of the Greater Nashville Association of Realtors
- Past President of the Commercial Investment Division, Tennessee Association of Realtors
- Past Chairman of the Legislation Committee for the National Association of Realtors
- Past Chairman of Education Committee of CCIM Institute
- Past President of the Green Hills Rotary Club
- Past President of the Board of Directors, United Cerebral Palsy of Middle Tennessee
- Member of the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Council
- Board of Trustees, Watkins College of Art and Design
University of the South, Sewanee
Memberships & Involvements
- Greater Nashville Association of Realtors
- Green Hills Rotary Club
- Metropolitan Development ＆ Housing Agency
Bank of Nashville, Bankers Title, CBS, Creative Artists Agency, David Hocker Associates, Goldman Sachs, Metropolitan Development ＆ Housing Agency, MetLife, MAXIMUS, Maxim Healthcare, Prudential, Southeastern Title, Stokes ＆ Bartholomew, United Steelworkers, Wounded Warrior Project