Senior Vice President
Stanley Hunter joined Colliers International’s Development and Consulting Services group in 2017 as a Senior Vice President and brings with him extensive experience in healthcare and higher education.
Prior to joining Colliers, Mr. Hunter was Project Director at Stamford Hospital, (Stamford, CT). He was the team lead for the design and construction of a $450M program including a ground-up 650,000 sf new hospital, new Central Utility Plant, and comprehensive site improvements.
Previously, Stan was Project Executive for the Baystate Health (Springfield, MA) Hospital of the Future project, leading the $300M first two phases of that 640,000 sf project. Also for Baystate, he was manager of capital projects hospital system, responsible for all levels of projects: strategic planning, programming, design, equipment procurement, IT coordination, construction, and go-live.
Stan applied problem solving, risk management, budget assessment, communication, and team building techniques to deliver the occupancy of the new Stamford and Baystate Hospitals on schedule and under budget. He seamlessly works with clinical and support departments, and leads design and construction teams effectively. He applies Lean techniques for construction and clinical workflows. His projects excel in patient satisfaction, community involvement, fund-raising, and clinical/technology advancement goals.
- New Hospital Project – 10 Operating Rooms, Cardiology Center, Emergency Department, 24 bed ICU, 180 bed Patient Tower, Central Sterile Processing - $400M, 650,000 sf
- Central Utility Plant - $50M, 40,000 sf
- Hospital for Special Surgery/Stamford Hospital Partnership, Orthopedics Center - $30M, 45,000 sf
- Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children’s Center - $6M, 13,000 sf
- Medical Office Building – 100,000 sf with a 400 parking garage
- Hospital of the Future – Heart & Vascular Center including 4 hybrid rooms, 96 patient beds, Emergency Department, Central Sterile Processing - 640,000 sf, $300M – winner 2015 ASHE VISTA Award
- D’Amour Center for Cancer Care – $40M, 65,000 sf – winner 2005 ASHE VISTA Award
- Franklin Medical Center Patient Beds and Emergency Department Renovation - $17M, 40,000 sf
- Neurosleep Center – 5,000 sf
- Research Lab Build-out – 15,000 sf
- Clinical Lab Build-out – 50,000 sf
- Bed Use Optimization Analyses
- Two Parking Garages
University of California, San Francisco
- Mission Bay Campus Master Plan – 43 acre site
- UCSF Genentech Hall – 435,000 sf. Winner Lab of the Year, R&D Magazine, 2003
- Parnassus Services Building – 86,000 sf, Winner Animal Lab of the Year 2006, Animal Lab News
- Pathology Research Lab, 12,000 sf
- Chemistry Research Lab, 5,000 sf
UCLA, Master of Architecture, with honors
Cornell University, Bachelor of Science with distinction, Engineering
Memberships & Involvements
American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE), Member
LEED Accredited Professional