Executive Vice President & Partner
As a commercial broker, Bert has been involved in a number of trend setting transactions in Nashville.
Bert was the project leader on the Trolley Barns, a 90,000 square feet mixed use project on Rolling Mill Hill in downtown Nashville. The development required innovative financing techniques including a 85 year unsubordinated ground lease with MDHA, tax increment financing and the sale of historic tax credits.
Bert was instrumental in the first major air rights sale in Nashville, which involved the sale of such rights to J. C. Bradford & Company from Commerce Street Parking Venture.
Bert and the team at Colliers International received the honor of Office Lease of the Year in 2009 from the Middle Tennessee NAIOP Chapter.
- 2019 Lifetime Acheivement Award in Commercial Real Estate, Nashville Business Journal
- Bert is the Chairman of the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Past Chairman of the Nashville District Council of the Urban Land Institute
- Bert was the Vice Chairman of The Nashville Airport Authority and the past Chairman of the Metropolitan Transit Authority.
- Bert was named Executive of the Year by the Nashville Business Journal’s inaugural CRE MVP.
- Bert was named by the Nashville Post as one of the CRE Top 50, a list of Nashville commercial real estate professionals considered to be “on top of their game”.
- Bert received the Nashville Downtown Partnership’s Outstanding Achievement in Residential Development award in 2006
- Bert is a member of the ULI’s Daniel Rose Fellowship for Public Leaders Class of 2010.
University of North Carolina, BA with Honors, 1976
Harvard Business School, MBA, 1980
Memberships & Involvements
ULI – Small Scale Development Council, NAIOP, BOMA, Nashville Chamber of Commerce