Director, Project Management
Charles Bennett joined the firm in 2002 and is responsible for overseeing and coordinating tenant and capital improvement projects in the Richmond, Norfolk and Charlottesville offices. These duties include “in-house” space planning and design, creating comprehensive RFP’s for competitive bidding, reviewing and approving construction documents, preparing master schedules and project budgets, planning and administering contracts and related paperwork, leading pre-construction meetings, progress meetings and final walk-through meetings.
Previously, Charles was Operations Manager for Sonitrol of Greater Richmond from 1997 to 2002. During this time he designed and supervised the installation of commercial fire alarm, security and access control systems.
- Project Management Team Member for CFA Institute- Historic adaptive reuse of Martha Jefferson Hospital to new global operations center. Project size 150K sft, LEED Gold.- Charlottesville, VA
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership- Project manager for design, construction, FF&E and move management. 80,000 sft office with new interconnecting stairwell.
- Project Manager for Northrop Grumman Mission Systems UVA 421 Richmond Virginia site at Patriot Tower, 96,260 square feet of lab, office and conference/proposal rooms - Midlothian, Virginia
- Project Manager for the Catholic Diocese of Richmond Corporate relocation project to 58,000 square feet at the Henrico Corporate Centre Building - Richmond, Virginia
- Construction Management for a historic adaptive reuse project for Canal Café – Richmond, VA.
- Provided design and construction management for Bikram Hot Yoga studios – Virginia Beach and Glen Allen, VA.
- Published “Project Management On Time and Under Budget”, a comprehensive guide for real estate professionals through the commercial tenant upfit process
- HVAC Design Build and EMS Controls
- Masonry & Carpentry
- Sheet Metal Layout and Design
- Private Pilot SEL