Senior Director - Project Management
After having spent 11 years in prior roles heavily focused in local, state, and federal government clients and projects, James joined the firm in May 2016 as a project manager. In this role he primarily focused on privately-owned buildings leased by the GSA and managed by the firm throughout the country. He has completed projects such as the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Campus a $1.12 billion project, covering 1.3 million square foot, including a 120 bed 7 story hospital tower.
In June 2019, James was promoted to Senior Director of Project Management where he now oversees the Virginia offices as well as our Government Solutions Group.
- Orange County Health Care Agency (Orange County, CA) - $4.0M+ TI renovations spanning two floors totaling 60,000+ SF. Project included scope, design management, competitive bidding, and construction management.
- FDA Training Facility (Bethesda, MD) - $3.4M Over 65,000 SF of common area, training rooms, and office space renovations.
- Private Client (Chantilly, VA) - $2.0M A 15,000 SF Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) and Special Access Program (SAP) build out.
- Trinity Health Systems (Detroit, MI) - $1.9M A complete HVAC rehab for the C Suite office complex affecting 375,000 SF of tenant space.
- CBP Weslaco RVSS Installation (Weslaco, TX) - $3.98M Installation of new antenna tower, technology, and interior renovations for live monitoring of US/Mexico Border. Project included competitive bidding, construction management, procurement and oversight of tenant FF&E.
WITH GILBANE, INC:
- Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital (Fort Belvoir, VA) - $1.12B First project in Governments BRAC initiative to consolidate military installations. Issued as a Design/Build delivery by USACE Norfolk. Assigned as lead change order negotiator with USACE, developed a comprehensive approach which allowed 400+ changes, ranging from $50k - $20M, to be negotiated and closed so that project schedule could be met.
- NIAID BSL4 Integrated Research Facility (Fort Detrick, MD) - $115M High containment facility of 144,000 SF used for researching airborne and incurable contagions. First BSL4 Lab in the world to install PET/CAT/MRI/X-Ray Machines. Considered the most complicated construction build due to various N+ requirements for HVAC, electrical, security, and various other systems.
Memberships & Involvements
- Virginia Home for Boys & Girls – Board of Governors, 2018-2021
- Virginia Home for Boys & Girls – Young Professional Chair, 2017 & 2018
- Virginia Home for Boys & Girls- Young Professional Volunteer, 2015-present
- Byrd Theater Foundation Construction Committee – Member, 2015