The Public Safety Complex is home to all public safety divisions for the City of Hartford including fire, ambulance and police facilities. The project consisted of a new 3-story structure with a single story 140-car parking garage and miscellaneous ancillary buildings on site. As work was being done to make way for the new complex, a portion of history was also being preserved as the 35,000 square foot historic school house, built in 1891, remained as part of the complex. Both the school house and the new addition to the building, were made energy efficient via fuel-cell power. The complex was built with an emphasis on utilizing materials and the incorporation of new green products and construction methods.
The City of Hartford engaged Colliers to provide comprehensive commissioning services during the design through construction and post-construction phases of this project.