A former outpost for Reynolds Metals, the two buildings were constructed in 1948. The site would later be converted into Reynolds’ research facility, where the first aluminum baseball bat and Chevy Vega engine would be developed, according to historic records.

Phipps & Bird, which has made scientific kits, tools and accessories in the building since the mid-1990s, was the seller. It is in the process of moving into another facility in the city.

Colliers International brokers Ken Barnhill and Charles Louthan represented Phipps & Bird in the sale.

Read the full article at Richmond BizSense.