West Springfield, MA
Colliers provided project management services for the Town of West Springfield’s new High School. Colliers worked for the Town of West Springfield, through the Planning & Construction Committee, while working closely with the Superintendent of Schools, the West Springfield School Committee, the school district’s staff, the selected architectural firm and its consultants, and the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA).
West Springfield was invited to participate in the MSBA’s Model School Program, therefore the project scope involved adapting and constructing a model school design onsite and then demolishing the existing building.
Colliers provided the following services for the West Springfield High School:
- Accommodated uninterrupted continuity of school operations during construction activity
- Identified specific milestone requirements and/or constraints of the District (e.g. City votes, swing space, occupancy issues)
- Ensured compliance with LEED Silver Certification
- Assessed the site to determine where the new school would be located
- Identified options for renovating or replacing the swimming pool, District Maintenance Facility, and Concession Stand as a 100% locally-funded project
- Oversaw designing of a plan for new athletic playing fields as a 100% locally-funded project and a transition plan for accommodating athletics during the construction period
- Represented the owner throughout the design, bidding, construction and closeout phases