- For sale
- Great location for future development in Lake County where population growth is projected to be 47% higher than the state of Florida and 149% higher than the United States as a whole.
- Numerous options and uses for development, and much of the property is attractive for future development.
- Access to US Highway 27 and the Florida Turnpike
- Part of the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford CBSA, one of the fastest growing markets in the country, with a below average cost of living.
- 40 minute drive to Orlando; 45 minutes to Orlando International Airport; 30 minutes to The Villages; 22 minutes to the nearest hospital (Florida Hospital Waterman)
- Demographics in the immediate area show affluence with strong income levels and high home values.
- Will benefit from Villa City, a nearly 2,500 acre mixed-use development to be constructed approximately four miles from the Loma Linda site. This will include amenities such as grocery, restaurants, medical, drug stores, banks, and entertainment options.
The City of Groveland is poised for future commercial, office, and industrial development. Groveland’s access to the Florida Turnpike as well as U.S. Highway 27 and other state roads provides the transportation network necessary to attract major employers. Much focus has been put on building the necessary workplace districts to create a more sustainable community.
Groveland is trying to re-create itself into a “destination city”. The City has established a Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) to guide redevelopment activities in order to build a vibrant and attractive downtown. Through the CRA Board’s leadership and community input, the City is dedicated to bringing about both physical improvements for the area as well as economic development. By putting tax dollars directly back into the CRA, private investors will be encouraged to invest in the area as well. This public-private partnership will result in more places for Groveland’s residents and guests to shop and eat and more prosperity for Groveland’s business community.
Various cities and towns in Lake County provide additional employment and needed services within reasonable commuting areas of the Groveland. As future development occurs in the Mixed Use and North Workplace Development areas, additional employment and service opportunities will be made available for the City’s residents and others. This will provide for much improved sustainability for the City over the short-range and long-range planning period.