Historic Office Building in Downtown Phoenix
Kenilworth on Roosevelt 420 W Roosevelt St Phoenix, AZ 85003
- 7,500 Square Feet
- For Sale
Opportunity to own the historic Kenilworth on Roosevelt, a registered historic property on the exterior and a first class office build-out on the interior. Located at 420 W. Roosevelt Street, the property is a two-story, historically designated office building, consisting of approximately 7,500 square feet on approximately 20,300 square feet of C-2 zoned land in the heart of Phoenix.
Offered for sale at $1.45 million. Contact John Barnes for detailed offering booklet.
The property features true Class A interior improvements, with historical timeless exterior architecture, great street frontage and immediate access to the downtown core, court houses, Arizona State Capitol Complex and government buildings.
The Kenilworth is currently used as a law firm office and is 100 percent occupied. Owner has their offices here and leases out individual offices to other professionals who want a great downtown Phoenix location on Roosevelt Row. All leases are month-to-month and the building will be 100 percent vacant at close of escrow. The property can be available for a buyer to occupy in as little as two months.
The Kenilworth was constructed in 1921, as The Kenilworth Apartments for winter visitors. It is one of the few remaining apartment buildings in Phoenix constructed after World War I, when war-time building restrictions were lifted
In 1981 the apartments were recreated into individual offices with common bathrooms and a small reception area. It was sold a number of times in the ‘80s and ‘90s, but remained as offices with few improvements.
Since purchasing The Kenilworth in 2004, ownership has restored the exterior to allow it to retain its architectural integrity. It remains a sterling example of Prairie School, as interpreted in the Southwest style.
Ownership has reinforced the structure and redesigned the interior to give the building a dramatic, open and warm feel. Ownership has maintained the original skylight, moved the staircase, reshaped offices, relocated the kitchen, added all new cabling and phone system and decorated in bold colors.
Area Available: 7,500 Square Feet
±20,300 SF on two parcels
DTC Roosevelt South HP
111-32-020 and 021
- Fully renovated interior to true Class A standards
- Timeless architecture with historical designation
- No deferred maintenance; new roof and newer HVAC units
- Awarded the Environmental Excellence Award in 2005 from Valley Forward
- Resurging location in downtown Phoenix
- Part of the district known as Roosevelt Row, one of the top destination locations in Phoenix for art, food and retail
- Within 1/3 mile of the Roosevelt light rail station, which links the East and West Valleys of the Phoenix Metro area by way of the downtown epicenter
- Minutes to freeway access
- Immediate access to amenities, restaurants, state capitol buildings and all court complexes