The highlight of the second quarter for Central Perimeter was the delivery and occupancy of Mercedes-Benz new headquarters
- The highlight of the second quarter for Central Perimeter was the delivery and occupancy of Mercedes-Benz new headquarters off of Abernathy Road. The 225,000 square foot move-in helped propel the submarket to the top of the list in terms of most office space absorbed in Atlanta this quarter.
- With absorption and deliveries practically equaling themselves, Central Perimeter’s overall office vacancy rate showed no change from the first quarter.
- Leasing activity in the submarket remained strong in Q2 with a number of new leases and expansions taking place.
- For the first time in its history, Central Perimeter’s average Class A rental rate hit the $30 per square foot amount.
- Given the pipeline of expected occupancies through the end of the year, Central Perimeter is likely to be Atlanta’s strongest office submarket in 2018.