- Following a solid Q3 performance, industrial absorption was positive yet again in the fourth quarter with occupancy gains topping 1 million square feet.
- Move-ins from companies between 100,000-200,000 sq. ft. were the largest contributors to Q4’s positive activity. Warner Bros., Chadwell Supply, and Gilford Johnson each occupied space in this size.
- I-20 West/Fulton Industrial experienced the largest year-over-year vacancy decline (-1.5%) of any other industrial submarket in Atlanta this year. The Fulton Industrial area of the submarket is practically filled up as its overall vacancy rate stands at 2.7%.
- Rents increased for a seventh consecutive quarter in the submarket. Bulk rents now average $3.50/sf here.
- While activity remains, and is expected to remain positive in I-20 West/Fulton Industrial, the lack of availability could pose a problem in 2019. New spec development is on its way though.