- Northwest Atlanta’s fourth quarter absorption increased significantly over the past two quarters with the submarket seeing just under a half million square feet filled. This brings the annual total to +1.2 million square feet.
- Industrial vacancy in Northwest Atlanta continues to decline. The 3.3% vacancy rate remains the lowest of Atlanta’s major submarkets. It also presents a challenge for prospects seeking space in this particular area of the metro area.
- With only two major industrial projects under construction, one of which is a build-to-suit, available supply constraints will continue in Northwest Atlanta for the foreseeable future.
- Northwest Atlanta’s average industrial rental rate is the highest of Atlanta’s largest submarkets.
- Heading into the new year, the lack of availability in the submarket could inhibit overall absorption activity in 2019.