- The South Atlanta submarket dominated industrial activity in 2018 absorbing a total of 10.2 million square feet which accounts for half of the Atlanta market total.
- Of the submarket’s subsets, the I-85 South/Airport area experienced the strongest growth seeing the majority of 1-million square foot occupancies and leases this year.
- The submarket’s vacancy rate is down 70 basis points (0.7%) year-over-year. For the most part, supply and demand principles have been evenly balanced here.
- Warehouse construction remains robust in South Atlanta. Over 40% of Atlanta’s industrial space under construction is taking place in the submarket. The I-85 South/Airport area comprises much of the activity, though the I-75 South/Henry Co. area is beginning to see more and more product break ground.
- South Atlanta will remain one of Atlanta’s top submarkets in 2019.