- It was an off quarter for Northwest Atlanta industrial in Q1. The submarket experienced more space vacated by tenants than occupied, resulting in a net total of -76,000 square feet of absorption.
- Despite the negative absorption this quarter, Northwest Atlanta’s vacancy rate did not fluctuate much. It still remains the lowest of Atlanta’s industrial submarkets.
- Loloi Rugs 647,000 square-foot build-to-suit is anticipated to deliver next quarter which will give the submarket a significant boost in absorption levels.
- Chick-fil-A recently announced plans to develop a 50-acre parcel in Cartersville for a new distribution center expected to open early 2020.
- The Northwest Atlanta industrial submarket will see larger occupancy gains through the end of the year as companies who have recently signed leases move into their spaces.