Q3 2019 Southern and Eastern ID Market Report
Southern Idaho Key takeaways
- The Human Bean is making its way to Twin Falls. The new drive thru coffee shop is planned for Addison Avenue West and Adams Street.
- A new Gem State Dairy Products facility is planned for the corner of Washington Street and Diamond Avenue West, next to the Glanbia plant.
- Retail and industrial vacancy rates dropped throughout the Southern Idaho market, while office vacancy remained firm.
- Cassia County saw a drop in industrial vacancy due to the Burley Distribution Center no longer being listed for lease, only sale.
- The former Idaho Youth Ranch, located on the corner of Main Avenue and Hansen Street, in Twin Falls is likely to be demolished by the end of the year and replaced with Twin Falls tallest building.
Eastern Idaho Key takeaways
- Vacancy dropped across all property types and asking rates in the office sector saw an increase.
- A shopping center is planned on the corner of Main and S. 2nd in Rexburg.
- Big boxes such as, Shopko, The Westwood Mall and The Pineridge Mall continue to make up the majority of the vacant retail space in Bannock County.
- Premier Technology recently completed their 70,000 square foot expansion project in Blackfoot.
- Mac’s Classics, Hotrods & Customs opened in Idaho Falls in Q3.